Youtube

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Nope, alien attacks and none of us have our houses in a Faraday cage. I need a good source for bulk aluminum foil, cheap! My hats keep failing.

wabash slim and audept like this.
  2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Imo "mistakes" require intention, and as no inanimate object can have any intent, they cannot make mistakes.

Bertotti likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I started with it for company expense reports in ''97 best net I could get was 5000 - 7000 baud. It would literally take 8 hours to submit two weeks of expenses if you were lucky! Many time a day and a half because of dropped connections and stalls.

4. Dumbthumbs

Dumbthumbs Gretschie

Nov 28, 2020
    New Mexico
    I confess. I plugged in the old Peavey and it shorted out.

5. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    The problem is that computers and humans both have limitations. Computers have logic, but no common sense. Humans have common sense and it’s only natural that we would expect this of our computers; but it’s a futile belief.

I order to understand a system, it is necessary to have a flow chart of the logic of that system. The problem is, the logic of computers, the security systems that protect these, the networks that connect them and the logic of how data flows and is protected all stack up to more than a single human can comprehend. It’s like the old shell game, but with many more shells and many more hands.

DougWheeler74 and Henry like this.
  6. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I remember uploading a 1.44 Mb floppy to a friends bulletin board and setting up the transfer to start at 8:00 PM and hope that it was done when I got up the next morning. Just loading a simple web page with minimal graphics took a long time. IIRC, there was a browser setting that allowed the page to be loaded without photos, just to speed things up.

I live in the boonies and have an asymmetric connection that runs at 5Mb down and 2Mb up. Amazingly, this actually is adequate. Fortunately, my ISP gives me committed bandwidth, so that helps. The ISP I used to have was great, until the kids got home from school and devoured the bandwidth.

Bertotti likes this.
  7. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Its
    It’s too late. :)

Bertotti likes this.
  8. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Ya need staples.

Bertotti likes this.
  9. NJDevil

NJDevil Country Gent

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Great, this just made me think of P90s which turned to thoughts of a P90-equipped Eastman semi-hollow I want and that reminded me about how I really want a solid body with T-Armonds. The spiral continues to finance a Jet or buy a used LP Studio and make the swap....but should I get SD Dynas instead?

Now I'm heading to youtube to listen to a bunch of options that I shouldn't even think of buying right now so I'm just going to settle on a ham and swiss sandwich in a few minutes. And people think I'm crazy....Ha!

wabash slim and Bertotti like this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Whoa flash back to getting my corporal stripes pinned on! Somehow they overlooked my blood stripes on my legs and I didn’t remind them!

wabash slim likes this.
  11. lathoto

lathoto Synchromatic

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    My apologies to all for my previous post. It was not directed at anyone. At times I see technology carving a future of "perceived dependency." My great-grandfather lived just outside of Batavia, IL and worked at the Challenge windmill factory in town. Most of us can get along just fine without a windmill. It wasn't long ago when search engines were sold door to door, just like windmills. "There ain't nothing like steel cut oats and a single P90."

Bertotti likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Sorry I’m still confused but I can say I love oatmeal! As a kid I wanted oatmeal but we didn’t have any so I went out to the horses oat took a cup poured it back in forth in the wind to get the chaff out and cooked it. It was really good but took longer to cook. Maple and butter added of course and a TVs of sugar

13. kristonber

kristonber Newbie

Nov 22, 2021
    USA
    Hacker attacks have become more frequent recently. I think this may be due to the fact that during the pandemic, many people thought about remote work and began to master programming. And experienced programmers have improved their knowledge and are now actively working. YouTube is something like the best music radio wave for me. And I would not like to be left without my favorite music. Therefore, I convert the music I like via https://coconvert.com/youtube-wav-converter.html and I keep it for myself. If they managed to hack Facebook, they will soon reach YouTube.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.