You will never catch me doing this…Ever!

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
No thanks. When I can't see anything close below me but air, I'm in deep trouble.

Reminds me of the beginning of Jurassic Park III, yeow. That didn't end well.

I won’t even tell you what the USN say about flyboys.:p
I was in the Navy and don't know what they say, but I was an airdale myself. The only ones we made fun of were the Marines.

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Motorcycles, sailing, windsurfing, drag racing and a few other of my hobbies don’t phase me, ……..I don’t do heights…😦
The problem isn’t speed. It’s sudden deceleration. The problem isn’t heights. It’s falling… and the sudden deceleration when you hit the ground.

Last edited:

dspellman

Gretschie
Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
Wife and I were in Cancun. I'd just been up in that thing behind a boat and how it was her turn. She was standing on a floating dock and hadn't noticed that the boat had already taken off. She was asking the guy "What does this dooOOOOOOOOO!O!OO!O!O!!!!!!" Much screaming, a lot of it delighted by the end.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
.I don’t do heights…😦
Me neither . A few weeks ago I took my wife downtown to Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for her annual checkup ( all good thanks ) When I called I asked what floor are you on . Woman replied the 18th floor .... my heart sunk . We go there and I get in the elevator and go to the 18th floor ..... doors open ...I step out .... BIG wall size windows straight ahead ....BAM ! knees buckled and dizzy boy me hits the wall ...LOL
Oh I did this twice in my life too ...... never again Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 8.43.52 PM.png

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Me neither . A few weeks ago I took my wife downtown to Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for her annual checkup ( all good thanks ) When I called I asked what floor are you on . Woman replied the 18th floor .... my heart sunk . We go there and I get in the elevator and go to the 18th floor ..... doors open ...I step out .... BIG wall size windows straight ahead ....BAM ! knees buckled and dizzy boy me hits the wall ...LOL
Oh I did this twice in my life too ...... never again View attachment 183404
There's a good reason that I live in a one story house.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I don’t like heights (ladders, etc.), but I love flying. Weird, huh?
Back when I was younger, I'd climb all over anything as long as it didn't move. I did the high rigging in our theaters, well over 90' in the air. But if it was on something rickety or even marginally unstable, I steered clear. Ladders were an everyday occurrence in theater. We had a 60' tall A frame on wheels that creaked and leaned every time it moved while the guy on it focused lights. There's not enough money on the Earth to get me on top of that thing. It was an OSHA visit waiting to happen.

I was in the Air Force. Flew in all kinds of things. Never bothered me, even with the access doors and rear hatch open on a C130. Feet hanging out the side of a Huey wasn't an issue. I'd still like to fly in an old biplane and a balloon. The Goodyear blimp would be cool, too!

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
Back when I was younger, I'd climb all over anything as long as it didn't move. I did the high rigging in our theaters, well over 90' in the air. But if it was on something rickety or even marginally unstable, I steered clear. Ladders were an everyday occurrence in theater. We had a 60' tall A frame on wheels that creaked and leaned every time it moved while the guy on it focused lights. There's not enough money on the Earth to get me on top of that thing. It was an OSHA visit waiting to happen.

I was in the Air Force. Flew in all kinds of things. Never bothered me, even with the access doors and rear hatch open on a C130. Feet hanging out the side of a Huey wasn't an issue. I'd still like to fly in an old biplane and a balloon. The Goodyear blimp would be cool, too!
Huh... I worked in theatres hanging lights etc when I was a whole lot younger. Then into aviation... was lucky enough to get a few flights in an open cockpit biplane (Stearman). Always thought that a hot air balloon would be kinda fun, but never got there - or a blimp.

Never had any desire to be an airborne anchor dragged behind a boat for some reason...

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I had no idea I had a problem with heights until my late 30s. I didn't when I was younger. Then my wife and I took my daughter on a big Ferris wheel. As soon as we got up high, my wife and I both discovered that we had developed a major fear of heights and had to white-knuckle it the rest of the ride. That said, it's very situational. Tall buildings, and flying don't bother me in the least. I'm not even entirely sure that skydiving would bother me. I'm positive that I would enjoy parasailing.