Yesterday was a crappy day.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by guitarmaker, Oct 20, 2010.

1. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    It started out normal. My fiance got ready for work as usual. Then she said goodbye and went out the door as usual. and then I heard her yelling something like "WHAT THE &%$!" So I ran outside and noticed her car wasn't in it's usual spot. No, it was pushed up into our yard, smashed to hell. Completely totalled. And the best part was that it was a hit and run so her insurance won't pay for it because she doesn't have collision. How did we not hear it? Well, we had a pretty nasty storm that night and we sleep like the dead. How did it happen? Well, our driveway is straight across from a road that people drive way too fast on and it was wet. We're pretty sure that some idiot (i have more colorful words for this person) slid through the stop sign, slammed into her car and then took off sometime during the night. I just don't understand some people.

2. GreatGretsch

GreatGretsch Country Gent

Jun 25, 2008
    Pittsburgh suburbs
    Wow, that's horrible! What did the police have to say? Is thee any chance of tracking the driver down?

3. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Sorry to hear it gm, it's awful when that happens.. :( Some people are such scum.

I had someone do the same thing to me at work one day about 5 years ago... Left the car completely smashed in on the rear driver side, there was no back door left, the wheel was where the centre console should have been.. Completely undrivable & very nearly a write-off... I actually wonder how they managed to drive away. Luckily our insurance was good to us, we had lots of witnesses (and a CCTV camera) who could prove it was parked at the time.. Just a pity the camera didn't catch the guy's plates..

4. Manic

Manic Country Gent

Dec 5, 2009
    Any evidence left? A collision of the magnitude had to have left something behind.

5. bobkat

bobkat Country Gent

Jun 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    I guess you have to be grateful that the jerk didn't run into your house and hurt you! I am glad you are ok but that does really suck!

6. Manic

Manic Country Gent

Dec 5, 2009
    I am paranoid about drivers like that out on the road. I have a basic level of collision protection on all my vehicles.

7. ah geez.......

looks like you live in a pretty small community, GF. Do you have much traffic on your road other than local?

Police have recommendations? (And what Caeman said)

Have time for some personal detective work?

8. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    That really s*cks. Hopefully the police can find the person. A crash that big likely damaged the other car pretty seriously and so may be found through body shops, etc...

9. desertfox4

desertfox4 Synchromatic

Aug 19, 2010
    Cottonwood, AZ.
    Can you determine what color the offending vehicle was? Contact body shops in your area and let them know what happened and what color the car was that hit yours. Might even give them a photo of the damage to your car. Just a chance they might be stupid enough to get it repaired close to you.
    Sorry about your troubles.:( Personal responsibility seems to be a victim of modern society.

10. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    They think that there's a 10% chance of finding the guy. We already talked to the neighbors and the local shops. Unfortunately, we're both working so much now that we haven't had time to do any investigating on our own. We're pretty sure that it was a full sized truck with chrome on the front because there is no trace of any other color. Her car is (was) a Jetta so a large truck could easily drive away from that. We are lucky though that it pushed her car straight ahead, directly between my truck and the house with literally inches to spare. We're still in disbelief over it.

11. Bengal65

Bengal65 Country Gent

Sep 11, 2009
    Houston, TX
    That sucks.:( I hope they catch the driver. Hopefully there police budget will let them investigate and the drivers local.

12. 68GuitarPlayer

68GuitarPlayer Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Clinton, Tn
    On a lighter note... pictures or it didn't happen. Sorry about that. Just glad no one was hurt. Hope you get the dirty rat!

13. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    Alright, alright. I'll post pictures when I get a free moment. I've got to work all day and then it's car shopping when I get home.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.