Worst day ever! :( Would appreciate input

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by MattAnt, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
  2. J.Banning

J.Banning Gretschie

Feb 15, 2013
    Lodi California USA
    LOL! You're going to start an entire new trend in relic'ing... that will be a $200 up charge for a "pre-broke" headstock.

3. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Wow, this makes me sick. It's truly devastating - my deepest sympathies. Clearly it was under the surface just waiting to happen. My old Guild acoustic went down one day - fell straight on the neck nut from upright and the headstock cracked in a similar way. The repair looked good and the guitar sounded like new when finished. However, that was an old used guitar.

I think you should contact Chicago Music Exchange. This could be a warranty issue. They would probably want to have Gretsch check it out - but I would think there would be signs of a fault and they should replace that guitar. Heck, call Fender/Gretsch!

Also, how was it packed? I can think of how this might happen if an airline dropped it the right way, but it depends on how it was packed.

4. Joe Carducci

Joe Carducci Gretschie

DANG!

MattAnt,

Will PM you to discuss.

[​IMG]

5. MattAnt

MattAnt Electromatic

Feb 4, 2013
    New Zealand
    Public Service Announcement!

Joe Carducci is THE MAN. And Gretsch is the best company around.

After cme tried and failed with Gretsch customer service, I had resigned myself to take it to a luthier today, bite the bullet and get it fixed. As a last ditch effort that I did not really expect to go anywhere, I sent Joe Carducci a PM outlining the situation. Mere hours later Joe himself calls me in little old NZ, and tells me that not only is he going to send me a brand new replacement guitar, but that Gretsch will pay for the shipping of the old guitar back to the states.

Never have I experienced customer service like this and it blows me away. Can you imagine any other big company doing anything like this?

I have never been prouder to be a Gretsch player! Much more than just a guitar. As you put it yourself Joe, it is a brotherhood.

Thanks everyone for your insight, and a big thanks to Joe.

A very happy and surprised,

Matt

6. MBERTHOLD

MBERTHOLD Country Gent

That is awesome, I am so happy for you. That is very good news! Congrats

7. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    It's an easy repair, just don't do it yourself ;)

A good Luther will have it looking as good as new in next to no time.

Good luck

Marlin

edit:
    Damn, didn't spot it went into page 2. Superb news that Joe C is all over this. Superb customer service - on a global level!!

8. Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk Gretschie

Dec 5, 2012
    charlotte, nc
    After a couple of pages on an internet discussion page dedicated to their brand, it's hard to imagine any company not responding this way. Though I know many would. Here's to Joe and Gretsch!

P

9. snoglobe

snoglobe Gretschie

Now that is an example of outstanding customer service. Great resolution to this story. Way to go Joe! I too am proud to be a Gretsch owner.

10. joe007

joe007 Synchromatic

Jan 18, 2013
    ny
    That's great news Matt!
    I'm very happy for you.

11. Gretsch-Stang

Gretsch-Stang Electromatic

Apr 2, 2012
    Chicago
    Awesome news... Gretsch really is the greatest! You're damn right Joe is the man! I'm glad it's all worked out. Makes me proud to be in the brotherhood.

12. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    Wow!!! Great customer service. Go Gretsch!!!

13. cwegy

cwegy Gretschie

Nov 29, 2012
    Hamburg/ Germany
    Wow, good news Matt! Gretsch rocks!! I'm more and more in Love with this brand.

...please ask Joe, if you could ship your damaged Gretsch to me. I'll pay the shipment and can fix the guitar so it doesn't need to go to scrap. I would love to fix your 6120 and giver her a new home, next to my Pro Jet.

14. Mikus11

Mikus11 Synchromatic

Jan 4, 2012
    London ON Canada
    Great ending to this saga!

15. Bill

Bill Country Gent

Oct 16, 2012
    Cambs, UK
    Fantastic! Pleased for you Matt. Need pics of the new one when it lands, that blue is foxy...

16. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Most amazing customer service I've ever heard of... the Batman sign, how hilarious was that!

17. Poppatwang

Poppatwang Synchromatic

Jun 2, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
  18. jflintmac

jflintmac Country Gent

Wow! I am blown away by this news.That's incredable. I never would have thought for a minute, that they would ship you a new guitar.

Here's to Gretsch!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great company :)

19. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Loved the Batman sign lol!
    Joe and Gretsch come through and save the day..errr...guitar!
    Amazing service....I'm glad to be a Gretschie!

20. MelWaldorf

MelWaldorf Electromatic

Apr 7, 2011
    Alameda, CA
    Three cheers for Joe C.!!!

Hip hip HOORAY!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.