Will I regret selling my "lmtd ed" Gretsch Setzer Smoke?

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
@TV the Wired Turtle one other thing, you will not regret selling anything to help take care of your kids. You may want to chase one down again someday but that’s different than regretting it. At least that’s how my mind works. I might wish I could have kept or bought things I wanted but in the end I’m glad I was able to take care of my family first. I’m not a gambling man but I bet you work the same way.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Love you bro. Praying for your boy, and for you and the wifey. We had a scary 5 day hospital stay scenario with our daughter a coupla years back and will never forget the gripping fear of that. I feel for you and am praying that normalcy resumes.

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
I’m so sorry. There is nothing worse than watching your child suffer. I’m hoping all will be well and your son will completely recover. Keeping good thoughts for your son.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I love it so very much and you've seen my long winded video review about it... but I could get $3500 for it and pay off some bills. It sits in its case, as I tend to only play my 99' SSU and Tiger Jet. I'm wondering if it will ever appreciate
down the line? My 99' SSU is prob worth $800 more than I paid for it in 00' but it was a weirdo to begin with. This Setzer Smoke is a gem that gets a player closest to an actual custom shop build for much much less. I dunno.. I'd really
like to carve a big hole in my $550 car payment that I still have 3yrs on, and I want that gone since I have no other debts. Seems sad to leave such a nice instrument in a case doing nothing.
ps. its only a lmt ed because it seems they are not producing anymore and you cant find many for sale as its the best hand made quality pro line gretsch theyve ever put out it seems

TV,

First things first...use the money to pay down your debt! If you can pay down all of your debt by selling other property, sell it too!

As far as missing your guitar, at another time, when all the stars are aligned, and with a little looking, you can replace it.

Take it from someone who is 73, debt free is king!

And, the earlier in your life you can live and maintain a debt free status, the better your life and the lives of your family will be.

After all, you're not selling a kidney...it's only a guitar!

BIB.