Wife AND daughter: that (new walnut G2420T) is pretty!

Discussion in 'New Member Intros' started by sgarnett, Apr 15, 2020.

1. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    I traded for a new 2019 walnut 2420T, my first Gretsh, just before the lockdown, and it's been hanging out in arm's reach in work-from-home office ever since. The comments from my wife (remarried in November) and daughter about other guitars are usually more along the lines of "How many guitars do you HAVE?" or "Can't we … ummm … put those somewhere?". Separately though, both have noticed and commented on the 2420T being "pretty." Hmmm, interesting ….

Anyway, I've lusted for an orange 6120 for a long time, and still do, but I am very impressed by this 2420T. I still need to adjust a few things, but off-the rack playability and tone is pretty good! OK, I'm not crazy about the Broadtron pickups, but that can be changed, and I do like them better than PAFs ….

It's also my first Bigsby. I wasn't really looking for one, but the 2420T sounded better than the harp-tail, and better than the Epis I tried, so here I am!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Congrats and enjoy!

sgarnett likes this.
  3. Groutsch

Groutsch Synchromatic

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    I just got a walnut-stained bass (from Squier). It's a nice color.

sgarnett likes this.
  4. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    Central Florida
    Congrats - welcome to the group and show us some pics. My wife judges all my guitars on prettiness. I fear for my black Telecaster's life, as that one is deemed ugly.

sgarnett likes this.
  5. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    Pics when the Sun comes out again ….

6. sgarnett

sgarnett Synchromatic

Apr 14, 2020
    Kentucky
    I have to admit, I was a little puzzled by seeing the Bigsby on some other models being touted as "string through," and what the heck is a string spoiler for? They are all string through …. Ooooh, I picked it up for a closer look, and found those pins I hadn't noticed! I'm not worried about it, just amused ….

LivingMyDream likes this.
  7. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

The walnut stain on the 2420 is definitely a great look. You, your new wife, and daughter have great taste!

8. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, I’m sure the first of many. :)

9. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to the nut house sgarnett!:)

Congrats on the new geet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.