Who has the MOST Recognizable Guitar Sound?

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
Are we talking just guitar tone - like one note played and rung out and you'd know - or a more general sound including phrasing and style?

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
A guitarist who you would recognize immediately even on a recording you'd never heard before.
Ah. Thanks.

For me, easily Jerry Garcia and Mark Knopfler.
Santana I think but have you ever heard his rhythm guitarist solo? Had a PRS and sounded like Santana - though I don't know Santana that well.
Gilmore and Edge most likely.
Derek Trucks maybe
Bill Frisell I hope.
Cory Wong
David Rawlings, really no one sounds like him.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
It's a big guitar world but immediately thought of 10+ when I saw the Beato clip some time ago.

Easy for me....T-Bone Walker, SRV, Hendrix, Jimmie Vaughan, BB King, Albert King, Jerry Garcia, Sonny Landreth, Albert Collins, Roy Buchanan, The Edge, Santana (unless the Stones' "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is playing), Duane Eddy, Billy Gibbons, Knopfler, Dick Dale, Roger McGuinn, Setzer, and....

.... like Thunder58 noted, Boston!:)

j.s.c

Country Gent
Aug 19, 2008
france
Of course there are many icons like Jimi, SRV, J. Page, etc... which have inspired many others that came close to originals, but some developed a very unique style that didn't become a classic style on their own. To me this list must contains the ones (without modern clones) I know + many more to add I forgot :
Duane Eddy
Mark Knopfler
Jimmie Vaughan
Tom Morello
Derek Trucks
Andy Summers
Robby Krieger
Joni Mitchell
Carlos Santana
Steven Stills
Brian Setzer, yees!
T-bone Walker