Which Wah do you rock?

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    They definitely offer more tone shaping now with the added ability to tweak.

There’s such a selection now that it’s likely better to try some in person when buying a new one. Despite having been a metal player, I’ve noticed the Dimebag Crybaby that @old mark has, used by a few Blues and Rock players. There’s really no telling which Wah might be the right one for someone.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020 at 11:23 AM
    Robbie likes this.
  2. Teledriver

Teledriver Gretschie

Feb 12, 2011
    Iowa City, IA
    Had a Cry Baby for 20 years and couldn’t bond with wah as an effect. Sold it to a keyboard guy I jammed and sat-in with as he wanted to mod it as a volume pedal for his keyboard.
    Heard and personally seen some great things done with wah, however.

Merc likes this.
  3. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Dec 2, 2016
    Washougal
    I used a gcb 095 for 20 years. Eventually it became a randomized kill switch. I recently replaced it with a 535Q and I really like it. It's highly adjustable and has the red fasel. I've found its sweet spot, so it's a set and forget type pedal, for me.

Merc likes this.
  4. r0de0

r0de0 Synchromatic

Jul 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    An 30 year old Dunlop that I changed the pot on. Works great now!

Merc likes this.
  5. BCRatRod73

BCRatRod73 Gretschie

Sep 1, 2020
    Mississippi
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Ok so I've re-dived into Midi and tried the H9 wah with an expression pedal. And really like it. The Mission ReWah Pro is pretty tweakable, but being able to hone in on the wah sound I want, without taking a huge amount of pedal board place for an effect is ill use 1/12th of the time, is huge and I'm really liking it so far.

What I am doing now as I creating a separate wah for clean sounds vs overdrive. I am realizing that the (amp) overdrive compression has a major effect on the quality of the wah and deserves a separate Q setting.

Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.