Which next Gretsch for you...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Merc, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You have achieved contentment! Good for you.

Merc and wabash slim like this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    My crystal ball says there’s a certain sparkly gold Gretsch that’ll be with you before too long ;)

Merc likes this.
  3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Now that I have both a White Falcon and a 6120, I really don’t want/need another Gretsch.
    I mean, a 6120-55 would be sweet, but I don’t think I’d play it enough to justify owning it. Maybe I just need a life size poster of one.

Trash Kidd, Stefan87, new6659 and 3 others like this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Over the last couple weeks I realized I do not want any more guitars, acoustic or electric and have thought about selling a couple. I would however like a bass but Gretsch doesn’t have one that calls to me.

5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    You could always sell a couple and put it together for one nice Gretsch. It saves room;). But in all seriousness I get it.

6. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Or a lifesize cardboard cutout of you playing one.;)

Stefan87 and calebaaron666 like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I picked up a KingTone MiniFuzz. And not one but two used Atomic Brains. They’re all great and no regrets. I do need a Bigsby equipped guitar for the occasional blue moon though. So I intend to buy a second Gretsch this winter. That’ll bump me up from three to four guitars. Which brings it to my self mandated limit of four guitars that I set last year.

Waxhead likes this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Got it the Broadway Jade Penguin. I just don’t play one electric and virtually never play the Gretsch Rancher Penguin. I grab them now and then but they just are not go to guitars. I haven’t plucked the Minarick in a couple of years other than to change the strings. Now don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t turn down a hollow body Gretsch but there is no burning need or urge.

Waxhead and Merc like this.
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Not quite. The state of the world is pretty nasty these days. Not much I can do to change that aside from working in my own mysterious inscrutable ways.

Merc, audept, new6659 and 3 others like this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    No more guitars for me. The pandemic and loss of income means I am selling guitars, not buying them anymore.:(

11. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

I don't feel a need to sell anything but also don't feel any desire to buy anything new right now. I'm thinking I may have been lucky to pick up some great ones in the past few years - maybe they'll be harder to come by in the near future....

Merc and calebaaron666 like this.
  12. peterjh85

peterjh85 Electromatic

Dec 16, 2017
    Pacific Northwest
    The new Rich Fortus Falcon looks awesome. Really cool specs on both, and I’m happy to see a master volume with two individual tone controls.

Merc likes this.
  13. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I don't need any more guitars, I even sold a bunch. Then I bought two more this week. NGDs forthcoming. They aren't Gretsches.

Merc likes this.
  14. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Gretschie

This one looks awesome, and is next on my list, but for some reason I cannot find it in the current Gretsch catalog

757DD76B-A931-45E5-BE0E-712CE714C4B0.png

15. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    It's not in the Gretsch catalog because, well, it's not a Gretsch.

Merc, audept and new6659 like this.
  16. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    :oops:

Merc and G5422T like this.
  17. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    I’m in the market for a Jet. Any Jet. Very low budget though, so I’m patiently waiting for a bargain. I’ve found some bargain Junior Jet or New Jet recently but I didn’t feel it was a real Jet without the chambered body. I’m not really a solid body guy, and even a Jet it’s too much ‘solid body sounding’ for me, but I’d really love having one again.
    My ideal Jet has to have big block inlays, Dynas, black color and G tailpiece, so I’m waiting for a bargain 5220 to cross my path. But if someone out there has a ‘53 Reissue that wants to give away for peanuts, I’m all for that.:)

P.s. All this, supposing I’ll ever play the guitar in a band situation again. In these days black and white keys take 100% of my music related time...

Merc likes this.
  18. Ando

Ando Synchromatic

Aug 7, 2013
    Seoul
    I'm so satisfied with my current four Gretschen that I'd have a hard time justifying another.

But (rubs hands together like a cartoon villain) if you get rid of the pickguard on this newbie, put a standard-sized HS Filtertron or Powertron in the bridge with silver ring and switch out the knobs for classic nickel G-arrow knobs/knurled strap pins, and I might change my mind :)

[​IMG]

Merc likes this.
  19. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    The only gretsch that i actually want to buy next is a double anniversary, just need to figure out what one and even then it wont be in the too near future.

There are lots i would like but realistically im good for guitars, i would love a 6228 as well but i think for me to get one of those i'd letting go of a jet but i am happy with what i have and dont want to sell one at this point in time.

To be honest i am good for guitars, a proper tele would be the only other thing i would want, i do want a deluxe reverb or a tweed of some sort, an ac10 and a few more pedals and that is me done.

Merc likes this.
  20. Scamp

Scamp Electromatic

Feb 22, 2018
    California
    If anyone is looking for a Gretsch Guitars G2420T Streamliner Single Cutaway Hollowbody with Bigsby Walnut Stain MF has them right now as their Stupid Deal of the Day for $399.99 Just for info

Merc and rockymtnguitar like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.