Where's Waldo ?

Teledriver

Synchromatic
Feb 12, 2011
Iowa City, IA
I get it- this is a trick question. 'High School Facebook'? Clearly either these kids are so smart that to already be in high school, you are the one that could have taken the picture...
..or...
you are not actually in the picture because you had already been kicked out for lewd and lascivious behavior. They saw the guitar player in you beginning to emerge, so showed you the door. If you are actually in the picture you are photoshopped in many, many years later.
..or...
you are too bashful and are actually behind the dish...ah, er...teacher.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
New York thing too . What a dish !
well......... that was kindergarten . It wasn't until the next year I entered Catholic School . Lots of Hail Mary's said during those years ...🤣🤣
"Dish" is just old slang---'30s or '40s. Common in noir films.
I survived Catholic school as well. First grade teacher was Sister Mary Talophelia. I can never forget her---the scars are still visible. Nuns were one extreme or another. Either like your favorite aunt, or like the Wicked Witch of the West. The ruler on your knuckles thing is real. Try kneeling on handfuls of uncooked popcorn for an hour. They made my folks pay for the pointers and yardsticks they broke across my rump. Ah, memories!

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
"Dish" is just old slang---'30s or '40s. Common in noir films.
I survived Catholic school as well. First grade teacher was Sister Mary Talophelia. I can never forget her---the scars are still visible. Nuns were one extreme or another. Either like your favorite aunt, or like the Wicked Witch of the West. The ruler on your knuckles thing is real. Try kneeling on handfuls of uncooked popcorn for an hour. They made my folks pay for the pointers and yardsticks they broke across my rump. Ah, memories!
Truth told right there folks

Butch Ammon

Gretschie
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
Wow.... Brother @thunder58 --- you made it through Catholic School? I am not Catholic, but have heard many many legendary horror stories! I am Methodist/Presbyterian (aka Protestant) and would have never survived Catholic School if I were Catholic! I would have been expelled and sent to Juvenile Detention (Juvi Jail). :eek:

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Truth told right there folks
I was always in trouble for asking "those" kinds of questions, like, who did Cain and Abel marry? We didn't have shop classes, or music (aside from hymn singing), or art, but I realized by the time I got to public high school that I was a couple years ahead of the kids that didn't go to Catholic schools in math and language.