Where ya Jammin today?

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
We don't have that problem here. It's not IF it'll rain, it's How Much. You're in Virginia, not Arizona. You'll get rain---just wait a few minutes. Your new roof looks good, by the way.

Metal roofs can be extremely noisy when it rains (worse when it hails). It really depends on what's under the metal. If it's just over joists, expect noise. If there's a solid underlayment it won't be too bad.
My office window would be right next to it and maybe 3 feet up. I guess if it's really raining hard I wouldn't really have my windows open.

And I live in California. I probaly don't have to worry too much about rain anymore.😿

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
My office window would be right next to it and maybe 3 feet up. I guess if it's really raining hard I wouldn't really have my windows open.

And I live in California. I probaly don't have to worry too much about rain anymore.😿
You moved. One says Virginia, the other Petaluma.
In California you need to worry about fire.
Metal roof won't burn.

freddyfingers

Gretschified
Platinum Member
Looks nice. Are those rooves noisy in the rain. Thinking of a similar cover on our back patio that faces south and gets pretty intense sun in the summers (which will only get more intense with time).
The Original rod was metal over plywood. I think the plywood deadened the sound or rain. The bare metal should be louder, but if it’s pouring, I’m no longer out there. We had a micro storm hit us two days ago, the rain and wind was intense, trees falling and breaking, the sound of all that was louder than what hit the roof.

Latest posts