Where we gettin’ pickguards and TRCs?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by YaDaddy, May 20, 2020.

1. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Just need an analog delay pedal to match...(they had to change the name to Lucky Cat because of the movie rights)

https://reverb.com/item/12582211-jhs-pink-panther-tape-digital-delay

2. Seziertisch

Seziertisch Electromatic

Jan 27, 2020
    EU
    Henry likes this.
  3. lordhelmet

lordhelmet Electromatic

Apr 5, 2020
    Germany
    I bought the Power/audio harness with a switch and a light. High quality parts and great customer service! They sent me some parts again at their expence, because it was stuck for two months in customs at the airport.
    https://westcoastpedalboard.com/product/pedalboard-electronics-kit-3/

But I have yet to build my board. That's going to be my next project, I'll post the result.

GlenP and Henry like this.
  4. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    that is my favorite custom pickguard I have seen here. So, you had it engraved, then how did you paint it? I use Inkscape also, not an expert but can do most of what I need. I like how my TRC and name plate came out, from a local trophy shop, for my single-cut center block G5655TG-LTD:

IMG_0508.jpg

peterjh85 and section2 like this.
  5. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    Thanks for the compliment! Your TRC and plate look fantastic.

Painting the pickguard was easy. The acrylic comes covered in adhesive paper, and they burn through the paper when they do the laser-engraving. So when it arrives in the mail, everything but the engraved portion is perfectly masked. I just used a paintbrush to fill the engravings with globs of white acrylic paint, and I didn't need to be careful about it. Once the paint was on, I peeled off the paper, and that was it.

GlenP likes this.
  6. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Just a thought on what happened to my original TRCs. I sawed them in half and there is indeed a white layer under the black ply all the way through. I think when they are engraving with a high-speed bit (or laser?) that the black plastic dust is heated and bonding with the white layer under it and turning it a different color or maybe burning the white layer. When they stop cutting at the right depth it just does not look like a white layer. Maybe the type of material is different, or the thickness of the black layer in the stock TRC is just too thick for the hot dust to clear out from the bottom of the cutting bit? I am not exactly sure. It seems that the plastic they eventually used that is intended to be engraved has a very thin black ply on top. So, again, just a cautionary tale, don't try to get the original stock TRC engraved, unless maybe you mask it off first, have the engraving done through the masking, and then paint in the engraved portions. That would have been an alternative to use some gold paint, if it had been masked off before engraving.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice