Where to buy Gold HS Filter'Trons?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by Bamblebee, Jul 17, 2021.

TV Jones or HS Filter'Trons (and $100 in my pocket)?

1. TV Jones

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. HS Filter'Trons (NOT factoring the price difference)

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. HS Filter'Trons (factoring the price difference)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Bamblebee

Bamblebee Electromatic

Dec 31, 2020
    USA
    I saw that a few places had them in Nickel, but there's no such luck with Gold. Had this guitar had nickel hardware throughout, I'd have definitely gone that route. Looking forward to the TV Jones Classics though too.

2. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Yes!
    I don’t think you’ll have any regrets. I have TVJ harnesses in three of my guitars - tonal improvements in all three (and one of them isn’t a Gretsch).

3. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
  4. Shock

Shock Gretschie

Sep 7, 2020
    Minnesota
    I didn't realize the gold Filtertrons were so hard to come by. I have a set of gold Filtertrons and a set of gold Dynas (both USA) that I have not dealt away.

5. Bamblebee

Bamblebee Electromatic

Dec 31, 2020
    USA
    So I've decided to go ahead and order the wiring harness for my 5422. Does anyone know if the stock gold screws for the pickup rings will fit into the EM2 rings that are coming with the TV Jones Classics I have on their way? I suppose I'll know for sure in a few days when they get here, but I'd rather go ahead and order the harness and don't want to buy the gold screws from TV Jones if I don't need them.

6. Outlaw

Outlaw Country Gent

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    I'm a bit late to the party with this, however.... Here's my thoughts,
    Tv Jones makes great pickups and the classics are no exception, but to my ears HS Filters are just as good, the classics may have a tad more higher end which maybe a good thing or maybe not so good, let your ears decide, anyhow I love HS filters especially sans wax.

new6659, Stefan87 and Trash Kidd like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.