What's The First Song You'd Want To Hear ...

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Lots of good ideas so far. I think I would add something by Boston, probably Foreplay/Long Time.

or smoke on the water. I mean, yeah, why not?

any Pink Floyd

If you ever get a chance to see a concert film in an IMAX theater, the speakers they have in there are pretty impressive and immersive. Maybe not like that picture, but they have speakers all over and hidden behind the screen too.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Lots of good ideas so far. I think I would add something by Boston, probably Foreplay/Long Time.

or smoke on the water. I mean, yeah, why not?

any Pink Floyd

If you ever get a chance to see a concert film in an IMAX theater, the speakers they have in there are pretty impressive and immersive. Maybe not like that picture, but they have speakers all over and hidden behind the screen too.
Aside from the surround sound speakers on the walls, the vast majority of speakers in all theaters are behind the screen. Most don't know it, but the screens are perforated. IMAX speakers are above and beyond the regular theater types. Before the movie, they often light the area behind the screen so the audience can see the speaker rig. If you ever get the chance to see the IMAX in the dome format, do so!

Having retired as a 40+ year IATSE union projectionist, I feel the theaters run the sound far too loud. I like it loud, but these guys go overboard with it. My other gripe is that the kid that pushes the play button on the DVD player should really learn how to focus the damn thing. The ticket price barely pays for the cost of the film to the theater. They really make most of their money on concessions. You're actually free to bring in your own eats, within reason.

Last edited:

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Someone already mentioned the 1812 overture with those cannons. How about the William tell overture, played by Glen Campbell?

then there’s the seasonal Alleluia chorus.

a couple other orchestral favorites: Sabre dance and flight of the bumblebee.

or anything from the Disney Fantasia soundtrack.