Whatcha Listening To Today?

Freshy

Country Gent
Sep 30, 2017
Homosassa FLA
Watching "Only Murders in the Building"
Del Shannon tune from 1965 that was a Top 10 on the playlist of my high school R&R band.

Last edited:

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have realized I have gotten into a musical path. since the start of this thread I keep rolling through Drowning Pool, Rev Theory, Godsmack, Puddle of Mud, occasionally throwing in a song or two from Rascal Flatts, The Coors, and some others. The first mentioned ones have somehow become constants. They invoke some mood that just has seems right for where my mindset has been. Interesting what you can learn with some of these long running threads.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR

Re No Matter What ... I've been playing that almost as long as I've been listening to it! Since 1970 as I recall? Classic tune, and a blast to play.

Unrelated to Badfinger, but ...

The other day I was messing around on my 12-string, and a fragment of an old Beatles tune popped into my head. Just a fragment - I couldn't remember the whole melody or even begin to guess the name. I just thought it was a pretty good 12-string lick, one of those old things when George was using the Rickenbacker. I knew it was pre-Rubber Soul, so I dug out the old Beatles stuff, listened to a bunch of it for the first time in years, and eventually found it:

What You're Doing, from Beatles VI (Beatles for Sale in the UK):

I don't actually think it's that great a song. The middle piano part is completely ill-conceived imho, and Paul himself has dismissed it as filler. But dang, I still think George has a nice 12-string part there, and it was fun to hear some of that old stuff again. I so rarely actually listen to the Beatles anymore, and when I do, it's never this early stuff.

Last edited:

Runamok

Country Gent
‘66 Bonneville - Bonneville
She’s Tuff - Thunderbirds
Sally Mae - JLH
Westside Baby - Roy Gaines
I’ll Take You There - Ben Tankard & Shirley Murdock
Hit It - Rick Holstrum
Lightnin’ Bolt - Luther Allison
Long Gone Lonesome - Jerry Lee Lewis

. . .WIP. . .