Whatcha Listening To Today?

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Don’t know no Hussars, but kudos on Otis Taylor!
Sabaton does factual historical songs. They're the only metal I listen to. The Winged Hussars were Polish Heavy Cavalry that broke the Ottoman Siege of Vienna in 1683. The scene in LOTR's "Two Towers" where the cavalry comes storming down the mountainside at Helm's Deep is taken from that.

Otis Taylor is pretty interesting, too. Never saw a Tele banjo before. First heard that tune in the soundtrack to "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp.

Runamok

Country Gent
I don’t delve into metal. That one could be good movie music. The historical reference I am somewhat familiar with, thanks for the roundout.

Otis Taylor has a lot of good music & been a favorite.
Sometimes I don’t think my tastes suit this forum much.

Which on reflection is fine. It is the Season.
I don’t do pop, gimmicks or radio play—I do what I like. Then the zombies come. . .

The giant Wisconsin cheese wheel is my first line of defense.

Last edited:

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I don’t delve into metal. That one could be good movie music. The historical reference I am somewhat familiar with, thanks for the roundout.

Otis Taylor has a lot of good music & been a favorite.
Sometimes I don’t think my tastes suit this forum much.

Which on reflection is fine. It is the Season.
I don’t do pop, gimmicks or radio play—I do what I like. Then the zombies come. . .

The giant Wisconsin cheese wheel is my first line of defense.
Do what you like. That's what it's all about. I don't expect others to have the same musical tastes as I. Life would be pretty boring. Variety is the spice of life. I've picked up on a lot of new music thru this site, tho not all of it is my cuppa tea. I listen to old rock & roll, bluegrass, Western swing, classical, Irish folk tunes, and many others. I can enjoy the occasional polka, and a Sousa march. What I have discovered is that most everyone likes something.

Runamok

Country Gent
Do what you like. That's what it's all about. I don't expect others to have the same musical tastes as I. Life would be pretty boring. Variety is the spice of life. I've picked up on a lot of new music thru this site, tho not all of it is my cuppa tea. I listen to old rock & roll, bluegrass, Western swing, classical, Irish folk tunes, and many others. I can enjoy the occasional polka, and a Sousa march. What I have discovered is that most everyone likes something.
Well, of course.
Not sure that it recommends posting what one is listening to, however.

Clarifying Edit: btw, I am not referring to your choices—its a general comment.

To quote Calvin: Childhood is so disillusioning.

Last edited:

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Well, of course.
Not sure that it recommends posting what one is listening to, however.

To quote Calvin: Childhood is so disillusioning.
Hearing about what others are listening to can give you ideas of music you haven't heard. They're giving recommendations that you may not have considered. It's a suggestion, not an order. We don't have to participate.

Want to be disillusioned? Listen to some music you haven't heard in a long time. Much of it doesn't stand the test of time (Test of Time would be a great band name!). What once was enjoyable is now dated and passe'.