What guitar is still needed to comfy?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by loudnlousy, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I would have no problem getting by with one guitar if I had too, but I don't want too :).

Mr Swisher, loudnlousy and G5422T like this.
  2. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    It's not a problem owning multiple instruments, as long as the kids are fed and the bills are paid. There are some that take it to extremes, as in all things. I was just thinking of a lot of players known for just one single instrument and those who can only afford one.

Can you picture Willie with something other than Trigger, or BB King without Lucille?

loudnlousy and Stefan87 like this.
  3. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Well, if it has to be a guitar then it would be a Jet.
    But I’m more into electric pianos at the moment. It’s sad to say but now that I don’t gig anymore, I hardly feel the need of pick up a six strings. I much more prefere the thrill of getting a boogie pattern done on black and white keys after weeks of hard practice.
    I know. I’m getting old. :)

loudnlousy and TSims1 like this.
  4. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Yep, I've got three electrics that I consider equal, and share the #1 position.

Guess that I could sell two, but I too don't want to.

5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Exactly, we have to spend our earnings on something we are interested in, as long as the priorities are right.

It would be odd seeing that, if I was a professional musician though I think I would be a 'number one' guitar person which would be my white penguin, or my 6119.

loudnlousy likes this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Are Matons expensive down there or no? Man, my Maton Mini EMD-6 is absolute magic. It’s my FAVORITE gigging acoustic by a country mile.

7. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    My Country Gent is an amazing axe. I truly love it. My other three Gretsch are just as good.

I have thought of giving another shot to a Fender Jaguar, just to have something with a short scale, very slinky strings and some degree of versatility. If it happens, it will be a custom build, to my specs.

I remember when a single ES 175 would have been a dream come true.

8. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    @TSims1 They are in the higher bracket so to speak for acoustics, range anywhere from $900 and go up, a few shops have your one advertised for average $1700, they start slightly cheaper then Martins and cole clarks but are in the same price point.

Mine cost me tuners, stirings and a clean up as someone was throwing it out when they cleaned their house, it's a M225, entry level but I'd buy another one if it went missing.

loudnlousy and TSims1 like this.
  9. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Today's comfort.

It's like an old pair of jeans and boots.

20200107_154553.jpg

10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Interesting. So being a Mini, I’m not completely blown away with the acoustic volume(though the tonal complexity and texture is still premium).....but the PLUGGED IN tone is just absolutely unreal. The pickup system is SO GOOD that it’s the first acoustic EVER that I plug straight into the recording deck. It sounds that doggone good. These sell around $2k here.

bhatta and loudnlousy like this.
  11. Stefan87

Stefan87 Synchromatic

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    @TSims1 I have heard that before actually with a few matons, some don't like the acoustic sound, which is a little thin and bright with mine in my opinion but I haven't heard a bad thing about them plugged in, a lot of big name aussies use them though.
    I'd say that's what they would RRP here too but the places i had a quick look at do pretty good online deals.

loudnlousy likes this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I would still like a tele and a hollow body Gretsch But I’m in no rush. That said I would love to have the large bodied Martin like a 0000, M etc. Again no big rush all would just be luxury items and I’m in no hurry to buy any luxury items currently. Just weather the current storm and hope I don’t have to start selling gear to survive.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    loudnlousy likes this.
  13. Chmason85

Chmason85 Gretschie

May 1, 2018
    Philadelphia
    I only have one guitar now which is my 53vs Jet, it’s so good that there is a reason it’s my only guitar now, but if I had the funds to get more axes I’d like a green Annie with hilotrons, a Les Paul junior and some kind of single pickup super strat like an old school Jackson or Charvel

loudnlousy likes this.
  14. slimwilson

slimwilson Synchromatic

Dec 22, 2015
    Mobile, Al
    Rickenbacker 360, Penguin, and another hollow Gretsch (6120, 6119).

loudnlousy likes this.
  15. bhatta

bhatta Electromatic

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Oh my! Completely drool worthy!! Must be a pleasure to play that baby

Completely agree, feels like holding on to an old friend

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    loudnlousy and G5422T like this.
  16. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Thanks. It's a pleasure in everyway to play.

I've spent countless hours just having some fun with it.

Just about everyone who's played it, ends up asking me if I would sell it!

That says it all to me. It's a keeper.

loudnlousy likes this.
  17. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I pretty much have every guitar I have ever wanted. I mean, there are some that I don't have but they're not really that different than others I do own.

Here are some of my guitars. I have some cool stuff I didn't put up. I collected TV Specials and Jrs in the 90s before they got worth dumb money so I have quite a few of those as well as some other cool stuff.

The Standard here is a '58. The Custom is a '72 The Firebird I is a '63, the 330 is a '69 and the Everly is a limited model #4 of 100 from the Custom Shop

[​IMG]

Here are some of my lesser known brands. Two GMPs and a Roman Magic Twanger.

[​IMG]

That's my '58 with a '54 Strat '50 Broadcaster and a '61 SG/LP and a '61 Strat is barely there:

[​IMG]

Some newer Fender stuff including a Robbie Robertson Last Waltz, a Masterbuilt in Fiesta Red, a 73 Tele Custom and an Eric Clapton

[​IMG]

60's Gretsch bass with a '57 6120 and Sparkle Jet:

[​IMG]

A rare May Bell Faux Resonator:

[​IMG]

Some Martins. 1959 oo-21 and a D-41
    [​IMG]

1963 Fender Jaguar:

[​IMG]

PRS I forget the model but they wrote my name on the back of it.

[​IMG]

This photo I took today. It's a Roman Rist (who owned Image Guitars in Hollywood) Telecaster with a Gibson scale, SG carves, old growth mahogany neck with a huge profile and gun oil finish along with pickups Jason Lollar hand wound for it:

[​IMG]

IMHO the 87-92 Fender guitars were the best after the Pre CBS stuff. This is my '91 Strat Plus in rare Midnight Blue:

[​IMG]

Just because everyone needs a shredder this is a 1987 USA [​IMG] Jackson Soloist San Dimas model.

18. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    Oh, and not a guitar but I also have Ace's license plate :)

[​IMG]

loudnlousy likes this.
  19. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Sooo . . . you single? :D

loudnlousy and Ricochet like this.
  20. amp360

amp360 Gretschie

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    I've been married to the same girl for 19 years and have three beautiful children.

loudnlousy, lathoto and Henry like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.