What Does Your Guitar(s) Say About You?

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
When I enter church for a family service my Flying V says: You chose the wrong guitar for this.

When I enter a stage in a greasy pub with that guitar it says: It`s going to be very loud and rowdy in a vew seconds here. Hope you are dressed accordingly.
Like a Gretsch a good old Flying V is a real fashion statement. People instantly know what to expect.

Last edited:

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
When I enter church for a family service my Flying V says: You chose the wrong guitar for this.

When I enter a stage in a greasy pub with that guitar it says: It`s going to be very loud and rowdy in a vew seconds here. Hope you are dressed accordingly.
Likes a Gretsch a good old Flying V is a real fashion statement. People instantly know what to expect.
A Reverse Firebird is much more appropriate for church. :)

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
"When we forced you to take piano lessons, it was supposed to be so we can show off to the other parents, not for you to enjoy music!"

Are you Chinese by any chance?

I watched this skit the other day. Chinese parents force you to take private piano tuition from age 5, enter you in contests and what not, but when the time comes you confess a desire to play professionally, they deride you for not getting a real job!

Last edited:

blueruins

Country Gent
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA

Likes a Gretsch a good old Flying V is a real fashion statement. People instantly know what to expect.
Pics please!!

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Are you Chinese by any chance?

I watched this skit the other day. Chinese parents force you to take private piano tuition from age 5, enter you in contests and what not, but when the time comes you confess a desire to play professionally, they deride you for not getting a real job!
Something similar happened in my family, and there is Asian blood on my father’s side, so perhaps you are onto something. :) Actually, that phenomenon crosses all cultural and ethnic boundaries. I’m sure it happens everywhere.

My parents wanted me to learn more than Rock guitar, and when I came of age, and wanted to play Jazz for a living, they were none too pleased. Of course, they were right, because these days, a Jazz income is likely to leave you living in a van, down by the river.

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
Something similar happened in my family, and there is Asian blood on my father’s side, so perhaps you are onto something. :) Actually, that phenomenon crosses all cultural and ethnic boundaries. I’m sure it happens everywhere.

My parents wanted me to learn more than Rock guitar, and when I came of age, and wanted to play Jazz for a living, they were none too pleased. Of course, they were right, because these days, a Jazz income is likely to leave you living in a van, down by the river.
…on a steady diet of government cheese.
I can hear Chris’s voice so well.

bluenote23

Country Gent
Oct 17, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Something is not quite right.

full

full

full

full

Sanchito

Electromatic
May 11, 2022
Washington, DC
They say I care deeply about tone ... but slightly more about looks. And that I am extremely picky about what I will choose to keep ... except when something is steeply discounted.

Latest posts