What did you do today that was guitar or music related?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jelly Roll Horton, Mar 29, 2021.

1. collama

collama Gretschie

Sep 4, 2017
    Colorado
    I might make this a regular journal of what I did that day. Today was trying a new pedal (MXR Timmy) with my guitars and amps and testing it stacked with some other drives I have. Didn’t really test it thoroughly (too much work to do today), but I like it. It’s a keeper.

2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa Cruz
    Sat outside while camping playing guitar with my headphones on. Used my pocket pod line 6, my iPad for both backing tracks and metronome and my Tele. Stunning day in the mountains.

Jelly Roll Horton likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    LOL, cool hat! If I started playing drums too I’d be in trouble(storage wise).
    No I found a nice Homburg made by Mayser. A Homburg is German in origin but was popularised by the likes of Churchill and Roosevelt.

upload_2021-4-8_8-59-59.jpeg

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The first biography I ever read was called, “The young Winston Churchill” a fascinating book for a very young teen. I still have it somewhere.

Ricochet likes this.
  5. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    What I have about Winston Churchill are his well known "Memories"...

A+!

Ricochet likes this.
  6. MatchlessMan

MatchlessMan Country Gent

Nov 29, 2010
    Swindon UK
    I once did (almost) the opposite on a Jazz bass - converted it from two volumes to a single master volume and a 3-way switch!

Gretschmen65 likes this.
  7. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I use guitar picks to scrape moustache wax out of the tins for daily use on my "cookieduster".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  8. Jelly Roll Horton

Jelly Roll Horton Country Gent

Nov 10, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Jammed with my step son and his wife. He played my 5422, had never played a Gretsch before, and fell in love.

9. dougmon

dougmon Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    Put new strings on the Gretsch.

10. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Country Gent

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Cleaned this within an inch of its life, oiled and buffed the fretboard, restrung it with 9s and stretched 'em, lowered the action, checked the intonation, tuned it again, played it a bit, and then sold it to a fella who was so happy with the purchase he called afterwards to thank me (I mean, how often does that happen?)!

Brownsville Thug used.jpg

11. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Watched David Bowie-The Last Five Years on HBO.
    Probably shouldn’t have as I was already struggling a bit emotionally today. I probably should have watched Alvin and the Chipmunks.

12. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Today I didn't torture any Gretsch (or other) guitars........

13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Today I rekindled my love for my EBMM Valentine after way too many months w/ it packed up in its case:
    [​IMG]
    I'd been periodically thinking I might wind up trying to find a new home for it over the last several months but I think I've got several ahead of it in the line of potential candidates for thinning of my herd. Probably would make more sense to move the Cutlass ahead of this one, more out of there being significant overlap in feel & sounds w/ it & my couple of strats & the most recently added CLF Skyhawk than any failing of its own.

I suppose some really tough decisions on what stays & goes is a pretty good "problem" to have though...

dougmon likes this.
  14. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Gretschie

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    I took a break today. After practicing for 2 weeks I busked yesterday in the park for 2 1/2 hours. I'll unpacked my gear tomorrow since we'll have a 100% rain day.

15. Penguin Picker

Penguin Picker Gretschie

Apr 2, 2021
    Canada
    I miss busking! Back in the 90s I busked during the day, six to eight hours a day Monday through Saturday and did a solo acoustic thing in coffee shops and pubs evenings and weekends. Best shape my voice was ever in.

gjohnson441496 likes this.
  16. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Gretschie

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    I'm considering vocal lessons. Busking is fun and challenging. I enjoy putting myself out there for audience feedback and participation. There's nothing better than watching people tap their feet or sing along.

17. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Actually started yesterday. I bought a nylon string classical guitar recently, and re-strung it yesterday. After a little stretching and letting it sit overnight, I've spent today bringing it up to pitch. Still working on it.

18. David_GS

David_GS Electromatic

Oct 16, 2020
    Toronto
    I'm learning The Shadows' Apache. A few hours in I realized the YouTube lesson I was watching was actually transcribing the Ventures version of it, which I didn't want so I started over and it sounds like the version I know.

19. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Tried to learn slide after watching few introductory you tube bits. Tuned to open E and... I suck :). Have put that in my daily routine...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.