What did you do today that was guitar or music related?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jelly Roll Horton, Mar 29, 2021.

1. mschafft

mschafft Synchromatic

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    Practice on my acoustics.
    Adjusted nut slots.

2. Iansheridan1978

Iansheridan1978 Electromatic

Feb 19, 2021
    Surrey
  3. gretsch-to-go

gretsch-to-go Gretschie

Oct 2, 2019
    Palm Coast, FL
    Practice as usual and made sure I used as much of my gear as possible (amps & pedals with the electrics). Later, it'll be the acoustic, both plugged in & unplugged. And all of this was before breakfast.

The bonus was the quarterly HVAC filter swap, I have a couple that are the lifetime metal filters where all you do is rinse them off & let them dry. Best money I ever spent, I could go to a monthly schedule, but the filters get thru a quarter just fine. Just before my Dad passed away I got him a spare metal one and maintained his cycling between the original & spare.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Archtops likes this.
  4. Bobstephens

Bobstephens Electromatic

Feb 14, 2021
    Tehachapi, California
    Practiced on my Tennessee Rose for outside Easter Church services by the lake this Sunday. The chimmey sounds of my Gretsch, coupled with Tube Screamer and some delay from my Strymon Time line are outstanding. I also had my guitar lesson, beginning work on the solo from Hotel California.

5. SledDawg

SledDawg Electromatic

Jun 5, 2008
    New Jersey
    • practiced some flatpicking and a little old school "folk picking" on my Guild D-40 - Doc Watson, Tony Rice, Stefan Grossman, David Bromberg, learning the original Vestapol from the 19thC sheet music!
    • did some technique exercises on classical guitar - trying to learn all the Segovia Sor Studies in order to perform this summer when things open up again

Archtops likes this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  7. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Got a harmonica - one step from a bagpipe

8. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Synchromatic

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    Today..huge move..drums moved into the house finally..the building block of it all

dRums.jpg

9. RGS265

RGS265 Electromatic

Jun 7, 2020
    Ohio
    Busy day!
    Reamed the peg holes and replaced the tuners on a ‘70s Penco acoustic jumbo.
    Put new strings on a maple custom shop Hummingbird.
    Glued up and clamped a cracked Epiphone peghead.
    Played my ‘72 walnut Country Gent.
    Watched part 3 of the Hobbit.
    Finally went to sleep and dreamed about Elves and Orcs playing guitars.

10. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    Sent Pincushion solo tab to ultimate-guitar. Approved.
    Happy Easter, everyone :)

Ricochet likes this.
  11. Wavey

Wavey Electromatic

Dec 31, 2016
    NorCal
    GretschTalk for now...strummin' my 6 string for later...

12. kpnash

kpnash Electromatic

Recorded cajon and tambourine parts for a song. Now going to record the bass!

Archtops likes this.
  13. tonechaser

tonechaser Newbie

Mar 23, 2021
    Silver City NM
    Borrowed an Oxford 10k5 speaker from a ‘62 Concert amp and put it into a ‘57 Harvard amp. Seriously sweet combo now! E43F5598-2F01-4E42-BEB6-0D7EAEF1D6C8.jpeg

Archtops and Xochi2 like this.
  14. Londoner

Londoner Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    UK
    Just finished watching The Sound of Music on TV tonight for the umpteenth time!

15. Sparkle Jet

Sparkle Jet Electromatic

Jul 10, 2014
    Wake Forest
    It was Easter celebration at my kids Home School community, that meets every Friday. Part of today's presentations was going over different instruments from woodwinds to stringed. One Mom brought her flute, another Dad his classical guitar. I brought my Novo Serus J , through a 10w Marshall. There were about 30-35 kids and I gave them a brief overview of how an electric guitar processes an electrical signal from strings to amp speaker. I gave them some snippets of how a guitar is very versatile. Played some jazz, blues, rock and country. At the end I asked how many kids wanted to learn guitar; lots of hands went up! Mission accomplished!

Archtops and (deleted member) like this.
  16. PorscheGretsch

PorscheGretsch Electromatic

Jan 19, 2021
    Canada
    I finally installed my new titanium tru-arc on my G5620 that I recently put tv classics on. Also put on 11s. That is one super duper cool guitar

17. Marko60

Marko60 Gretschie

Mar 26, 2021
    Yorkshire, England
    Alas, other than checking in here, nothing.... Wasted opportunity.

18. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Browsing this forum, Ray. :)

welcome gretschtalk2.png

19. dspellman

dspellman Electromatic

Jul 4, 2020
    Los Angeles
    I picked up a used keyboard stand that worked much tighter to the wall in my den than my stage stand (AX-90) does. The new (used) stand will only support a single keyboard (there are add-ons available, of course), but that's all I need/want at the moment. So the next thing will be to get that rig set up and to find storage for the other keyboards and for the case for the keyboard that will be used. I've also gotta find a fabric keyboard cover.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.