What are you thankful for?

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I'm thankful for the love of my life Jenny my wife, family and friends, Sheba the wonderdog, and the friendship and respect of all the fine folks on this forum. I'm thankful to still be here despite some serious close calls with my health. I don't take anything for granted anymore.

Last edited:

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Tons of things!

Thankful for the small things....bunnies in the back yard, recent close sightings of beautiful Blue Jays and Cardinals and the happiness little things like this that brighten the day.

Thankful for my fun.......The 'wave" of creativity that hit me this year and still growing, for affording the pedals that have enabled me to unlock some secret doors of creating music and expanding my playing with no limits in sight.....the pure enjoyment.

Thankful for my family.......my wife's unwavering support and love, thankful for the kindness of countless friends and family members for their kindness, support, love, laughs.

Thankful for the ability to "stick to it" to manage painful episodes of osteoarthritis in both feet due to past surgeries and current flat feet that that was rooted from defects at birth (club feet). Thankful for the ability to keep emotions "even" in managing what has been a prolonged rough spot in my career.

Thankful for having the chance to make the most of every day I wake up.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Happy Thanksgiving to all at Gretsch Talk! I’m thankful for this community, filled with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful people who share a love of music and guitars. I usually describe it as my Facebook, where we can discuss many things and support each other, kept within bounds by skilled moderators.

DMT,

And the same to you and yours!

I'm thankful...over the moon actually, that my wife is recovering/making excellent progress from the stroke she sustained on July 25th.

Everything else is icing on the cake!

Best to everyone!

BIB.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
thankful to have one more thanksgiving w my mom n pops, we all had to wear masks around them but its worth it. She's 77 and on an oxygentube, we believe she got c19 just before they put a name on it. She almost died but is ornery as heck and fought the doctors to come home as they were talking about some things that lead to complications. That first Thanksgiving was very quiet and sad, but two years later she's still with the whole fam. All my boys and I got to rock out w my pops on guitars n bass doing some xmas tunes, so ya.. I'm very grateful for all the friends n family that prayed she could stay around and drive my dad nuts. :)

guitarfarm

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2008
Neither here nor there...
I am thankful for having such a wonderful wife of 40 years who thinks like I do and shares common values with me. I am thankful for having a nice home on enough land to afford me the privacy I demand at this point in my life. I am thankful to be able to work with my hands and create things out of wood as that brings me great joy. I am thankful for my health, which may not always be perfect any more, but is better than many that I know at my age. I am thankful for simple things like tinkering with home improvement projects (currently remodeling a walk in closet). These are the things I like to do in the winter to make the days more enjoyable. I am thankful for a simple life with simple values.

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
Happy Thanksgiving to all at Gretsch Talk! I’m thankful for this community, filled with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful people who share a love of music and guitars. I usually describe it as my Facebook, where we can discuss many things and support each other, kept within bounds by skilled moderators.

I'm always thankful for having 2 arms, 2 legs, half a brain and being born in Australia. Anything else good that ever happens is cream on top for me :)

Latest posts