What Are You Doing Here?

Seamus

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 25, 2011
New England
Seamus,

That particular wall in the music room, is full end to end. I haven't got room for the amp to lie down as it should, so I positioned it on it's end, and added a second logo.

I have VOX grill cloth, the correct VOX white piping, and I intend to recover the cabinet face with the diamonds in the pattern standing up instead of lying down.

I just may do that little job sooner than I'd planned.

Thanks so much, for prioritizing my projects.

This is the same cabinet with the old amp. This is how I have it positioned with the tiny MV50 AC amp. I have rubber foot buttons on two sides now.

Since we sold the lake house, and moved to downtown Ottawa, ''spare room'' has become an unknown commodity.

It's become that much more difficult since Janet had the stroke, now we have all her mobility devices, (The Bentley), plus trying to create ''wider'' open areas to allow her to move around.

With her steady improvement, hopefully we'll slowly be able to get back to normal...what ever that is!

Best,

BIB.

View attachment 190621

Ah, now I see! The look of that reminds me a lot of my first Vox. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was vintage and a Vox, so I bought it. I'm quite sure that Valvetronix is a vastly superior amp to what I had, a solid state Super Berkeley III.

It never sounded particularly good, but I love that when I took the speaker cabinet apart many years after buying it, I found inside an unopened package of condoms from 1972. (I left it there.)

1664034700364.png

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Ah, now I see! The look of that reminds me a lot of my first Vox. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was vintage and a Vox, so I bought it. I'm quite sure that Valvetronix is a vastly superior amp to what I had, a solid state Super Berkeley III.

It never sounded particularly good, but I love that when I took the speaker cabinet apart many years after buying it, I found inside an unopened package of condoms from 1972. (I left it there.)

View attachment 190623

Hey Seamus, that was a beauty!!!

Old amps never seem to fair well, especially if they were used by practicing musicians.

Of all the guitars I have/had, I've only ever had four amps.

I really like this tiny VOX MV50 AC. Right now it fits our limited space conditions fine...not to mention, it sounds great! Full 50 watts on two ohms. The 2/12 Celestion VOX cabinet is great. I have no intention of ever letting it go, super build quality, and rock solid!

Best,

BIB.

Seamus

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 25, 2011
New England
Hey Seamus, that was a beauty!!!

Old amps never seem to fair well, especially if they were used by practicing musicians.

Looked great, but sounded so-so -- a bit harsh, brittle overdrive, not enough bass. Definitely not tube. And indeed, I messed it up pretty well with gigging. I sold it in the mid-'90s when I got an AC30, and years later, I found my old amp for sale at a shop. I identified it via the damage I'd done, and indeed, the serial number matched! :) The salesman was unimpressed, but I was overjoyed to find it again.

Those MV50s are pretty cool! I tried one, and very nearly bit. Ended up with a Winfield Cyclone instead.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Looked great, but sounded so-so -- a bit harsh, brittle overdrive, not enough bass. Definitely not tube. And indeed, I messed it up pretty well with gigging. I sold it in the mid-'90s when I got an AC30, and years later, I found my old amp for sale at a shop. I identified it via the damage I'd done, and indeed, the serial number matched! :) The salesman was unimpressed, but I was overjoyed to find it again.

Those MV50s are pretty cool! I tried one, and very nearly bit. Ended up with a Winfield Cyclone instead.
Not familiar with the Winfield Cyclone, I'll take a look.

Best,

BIB