What am i going to have for Breakfast. New Breakfast ideas.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TheMicster, Apr 10, 2020.

1. I'm sick of eating the same stuff all the time, anybody got some tasty interesting recipes they wish to share! I saw some really great toastie type sangers on one of those cooking shows the other day which looked good and toasted cut up Baguettes with garlic ,melted butter, coriander, cream cheese and anchovies are getting old.
    Cheers Mic.

2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    In all honesty ... I love the Egg McMuffin w/ cheese ( not being funny here either , it's one of my favorites )

Crooner, TheMicster, wildeman and 3 others like this.
  3. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I take the 20 minutes or so to cook some Steel Cut Oatmeal, won't kill ya as fast as those other things....

TheMicster and mbkri like this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Bread pudding! We use old baguettes, cut it up, mix some milk/cream, eggs, and your preferred seasonings (for me, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and touch of ginger if sweet) You can make it sweet or savory. My kids prefer sweet. I peel and slice apples and saute them in butter, top it all off with maple syrup. Also good with hot defrosted raspberries.

Takes 10 minutes to make, and you can make large portions and frig for a week.

TheMicster likes this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Sausage Egg Biscuit for me over the muffin. Add an OJ, and it's a perfect on-the-road breakfast that you can eat while driving. Used to be a staple for me on road trips for the theater hauling gear. Wife likes the breakfast burrito.

At home, it's bacon or sausage and eggs (scrambled, fried, omelets, etc.) as well as flap jacks or waffles, toast (cinnamon raisin or wheat all with lotsa butter) and at least one cuppa Choc Full O' Nuts coffee, as well as a cold glass of OJ or V8. Damnit, now I'm hungry. Some days it's just Crispix, Corn Flakes, or Rice Krispies.

Anything's better than cold pizza washed down by warm beer. I don't miss those days. It was coffee, donut, and a smoke for years, too. I've moved on, thankfully.

6. floeighty2

floeighty2 Gretschie

Oct 1, 2014
    Manchester
    As a Scotsman, I love porridge. It’s really good for you (lowers cholesterol, balances up blood sugar, keeps you full and has slow release energy to keep you going), you can customise it anyway you please - sweet or savoury and it’s cheap! Another good one is banana pancakes which you can also customise however you wish. Just my 2 cents/pennies

7. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    If I didn’t care about outgrowing my pants every month, I’d eat those everyday. Homemade sausage egg n cheese Muffin, hmmmmm

TheMicster and thunder58 like this.
  8. KuKuKu

KuKuKu Gretschie

Aug 28, 2016
    Germany
    Although I'm German, I love porridge, too. Usually I add some honey, a banana and a passionfruit.

TheMicster and mbkri like this.
  9. dougmon

dougmon Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    I often go back to the basics; soft boil a couple of eggs, slice them up on toast.

TheMicster likes this.
  10. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I guess that when I said Oatmeal, that is actually porridge, it's just not a term we used. My Mother's Mother was a McIvor from Nova Scotia.

TheMicster likes this.
  11. Dennison

Dennison Country Gent

Jul 17, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Porridge (Flahavans Irish oats) with honey and blueberries.

TheMicster and dougmon like this.
  12. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    First thing a EmergenC 1000, Banana, Hand full trail mix... Coffee black.
    I like a Steak for lunch but that’s another thread....

TheMicster likes this.
  13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Always the creature of habit, I've been stuck on a pair of maple flavor Morningstar "sausage" patties, two slices of Pepperidge Farm brown sugar & cinnamon swirl toast w/ a good bit of butter, & a bunch of coffee for the last month.

Under normal circumstances it would be the double smoked bacon & egg croissant bun sandwich (hold the bacon) & a 6 shot skim no whip white mocha from Starbucks on my way to wherever I'm going during the week. I think my current standard is probably healthier in the long run & certainly much cheaper.

Egg sandwiches of one sort or another are certainly my go to regardless.

TheMicster likes this.
  14. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I’m not exactly spoilt for choice over here. I’d make a decent English breakfast if I could find good bacon and sausages. Love to compliment it with warm beans in tomato sauce(add a bit of Worcester).

Just to vary a little I had some salads and baked potatoes with cream cheese mushroom filling.

Love porridge too, but never can be bothered to make it. So boring! :D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    TheMicster likes this.
  15. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Gretschie

Jan 2, 2018
    USA
    Quinoa, sausage, eggs, and peppers
    Sour dough French Toast
    Fresh squeezed lemonade
    Coffee

TheMicster likes this.
  16. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Y'all are making me hungry! I'd love a big pile of corned beef hash with a couple of fried eggs on top!;)

TheMicster and dougmon like this.
  17. 19cad61

19cad61 Electromatic

Mar 12, 2019
    San Diego
    Scrambled egg whites with my saved bacon fat, tortilla, refried beans and some avocado! My all time favorite!

Jeff67 and TheMicster like this.
  18. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I don't know what the same stuff is for you.

Some special breakfasts I've had: quiche, eggs benedict, steak & eggs, bison benedict, crepes, Egg McMuffin, pizza, cold pizza, mimosas.

Sometimes we have a sausage and vegetable pie that would be good for breakfast.

Blueberry pancakes, though. I'm off sugar and syrup, just butter.

TheMicster likes this.
  19. Roger49

Roger49 Country Gent

Feb 18, 2015
    Germany
    Smoked salmon (and a little lemon juice) with scrambled eggs liberally sprinkled with fresh chives from the garden, toast and butter.

TheMicster and 19cad61 like this.
  20. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    2 versions:
    1. When I'm feeling righteously correct:
    Corn & courgette fritters with smashed avocado and spinach salad.
    2. when I don't give a damn (life is still too short anyway):
    Eggs over-easy, crispy bacon, sausage, onion, mushrooms, sourdough toast and beans on the side!

Jeff67 and TheMicster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.