We’ve talked GAS, but

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
I second the "Wow!" I don't have any need for another acoustic, and even I looked at the specs and went hummmm.

Fortunately, it stopped at hummmm.

radd

Friend of Fred
Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
I love the specs, oo, slope shoulder, 1 3/4” nut and bound fingerboard; but, I’m not a big fan of the finish. I prefer traditional finishes on Martins.

drmilktruck

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Double Platinum Member
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
I like the looks of mango. Yet another non traditional tonewood we should be using more of. It doesn’t always have to be the same ones.

Glaw

Synchromatic
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
they make a ceo-7 with an adi top going for around a thousand less than their other adi top guitars that has my interest. The -9 is beautiful.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
they make a ceo-7 with an adi top going for around a thousand less than their other adi top guitars that has my interest. The -9 is beautiful.
I was having bad gas for the ceo7, Martins first slope shoulder guitar in this modern time. I took my 000-18GE in and played them side by side then had the sales guy play them both. They were so close in tone I actually passed it by! This one however should be more different in tone than my 000.

Last edited:

Runamok

Country Gent
Nice. A 00 to boot.

I didn’t know you could grow mango trees big enough for a guitar top. There are old growth mango forests?

Its remarkable that there are now so many tone woods in the world, when just a few years ago, there were only a handful.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
Nice. A 00 to boot.

I didn’t know you could grow mango trees big enough for a guitar top. There are old growth mango forests?

Its remarkable that there are now so many tone woods in the world, when just a few years ago, there were only a handful.
Yep I love the size of my Little Martin but it’s more of a thing in its own right but I think close to an 0. I had a Amiee I got out of a dumpste. Sounded really nice and a nice size. I tried going to the music store to see if they knew a kid who would benefit from a nicer instrument. They were willing to look but sadly one of the sales guys gave it to a buddy who taught. He used it for classes. I was a bit POd o er that. Mainly because that wasn’t my intention. But since then the 0 and 00 size have been calling me. The Parlour Penguin is nice but not a Martin in tone which is where my likes live.

Glaw

Synchromatic
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
I was having bad gas for the ceo7, Martins first slope shoulder guitar in this modern time. I took my 000-18GE in and played them side by side then had the sales guy play them both. They were so close in tone I actually passed it by! This one however should be more different in tone than my 000.
That’s my point. The GE is an adi top and costs $1000 more than the ceo-7. I wonder why?

Runamok

Country Gent
Yep I love the size of my Little Martin but it’s more of a thing in its own right but I think close to an 0. I had a Amiee I got out of a dumpste. Sounded really nice and a nice size. I tried going to the music store to see if they knew a kid who would benefit from a nicer instrument. They were willing to look but sadly one of the sales guys gave it to a buddy who taught. He used it for classes. I was a bit POd o er that. Mainly because that wasn’t my intention. But since then the 0 and 00 size have been calling me. The Parlour Penguin is nice but not a Martin in tone which is where my likes live.
I love the comfort of a 0 or 00.
There isn’t so much reason for a “full-sized” guitar anymore. Not for most people.

I think its remarkable that it takes starting a campaign to make smaller guitars fashionable in order to change perceptions.

Not really familiar with Amiee.

Too bad on the store guy who confiscated the guitar you brought in, although seeing a guitar teacher play this could change new player perceptions of branding & what a decent guitar is.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
And I agree!
That’s my point. The GE is an adi top and costs $1000 more than the ceo-7. I wonder why?
My GE was a special order at the time I bought it. Not custom shop but this model Ge predates the current GE which cost more than mine did.
000-18GE with 1937 sunburst. I got it in 2007. They stopped making them not long after. I have to give Martin props as I went in for a custom shop. They replied with we already make that but it has a burst and no inlay. The CS price I was quoted was 5700 and this was around 3000. It is fabulous and Onthink the Mango would compliment it nicely. But I would have to sell three of four electrics and would probably take a beating on them. Ok two of four electric's and maybe my half stack xxx Peavey amp, and the Parlour Penguin and a few other things! I’m great at fixing things but selling, not so much. Actually if this was a game of DD my merchant abilities would probably be negative.

Any who it sure would look good in a picture with these two! Not to mention sound great! FE64FD56-9388-44CE-AB93-FF8AE74B22EB.jpeg 4E465B64-18EB-45D8-9E74-450B02E2160E.jpeg

Latest posts