Waylon fans!

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I was so into him years ago.

He hangs out with me at my workbench….Upper right, an album I bought 40 or so yrs ago.

View attachment 173928
Yeah man! I have that record.
When I was in my early 20s I basically dismissed any country music recorded after 1970 as trash. Listening to Waylon on the jukebox of a local bar over and over again changed my mind and taught me the error of my ways.
I’ve been a huge Waylon fan ever since.

Here’s a guy that toiled thru the first decade of his career. He recorded HUNDREDS of songs under the care of Nashville establishment people like Chet Atkins, who didn’t trust his judgment, and refused to let him record what he wanted. Finally, when put into a position where he could record what he wanted, the way he wanted, he showed everyone that he in fact knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

radd

Friend of Fred
Dec 27, 2017
Home
Yeah man! I have that record.
When I was in my early 20s I basically dismissed any country music recorded after 1970 as trash. Listening to Waylon on the jukebox of a local bar over and over again changed my mind and taught me the error of my ways.
I’ve been a huge Waylon fan ever since.

Here’s a guy that toiled thru the first decade of his career. He recorded HUNDREDS of songs under the care of Nashville establishment people like Chet Atkins, who didn’t trust his judgment, and refused to let him record what he wanted. Finally, when put into a position where he could record what he wanted, the way he wanted, he showed everyone that he in fact knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

I love Willie, but Waylon may well be my favorite.

Willie and Waylon sure looked a bit different in their early Nashville careers. Waylon did have his signature leather covered Tele early in his career.

2AEFA10C-B46C-46E1-B4DB-3E69C1EFCF02.jpeg B1D050E5-E4AC-4B05-B655-875B83CA7621.jpeg

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I love Willie, but Waylon may well be my favorite.

Willie and Waylon sure looked a bit different in their early Nashville careers. Waylon did have his signature leather covered Tele early in his career.

View attachment 173968 View attachment 173969
Willie’s Red Headed Stranger Lp might just about be the best full album put out by any country artist. The songs are great by themselves, but as a complete work, it’s untouchable.
But yeah, same here, love Willie, but I’m definitely more of a Waylon fan.

cvr31

Gretschie
Apr 5, 2013
just south of sanity
Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash are the best two country artists ever. Waylon had the better voice, and Johnny had the better songs. Love them both. One of my first and best musical memories is riding around with my grandpa when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's, listening to Waylon 8-tracks in his old blue AMC station wagon with wood grain paneling. He was a huge Waylon fan, and he made me one in the process.

Latest posts