Watch you looking at ..... just showing off the bling

dreamingGretsch

Synchromatic
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
No worries. Allow me to introduce you to Heimdallr. Here is an exact copy of a Seiko Orange Monster. Now, Seiko hasn't made the Orange Monster for a while now, but they can still be had on Ebay for $600 to $1,000. This is an exact copy for less than $200. And, not only does this watch use a NH36A movement, it also comes with two straps. The stainless steel bracelet shown and a rubber strap to match the face of the watch. Pretty good deal for the money.

Here is a short video comparing the Heimdallr Monster to a Seiko Orange Monster. Heimdallr “Monster” vs Seiko srp309 - YouTube

And here is photo of my Heimdallr Monster taken this morning. View attachment 174043

In addition to Monsters, Heimdallr also makes Frogs, Turtles, and Tuna Cans. All very nice watches for the money. Happy hunting.

Yes I know about Heimbdallr!! I also explored these "microbrands" as the watch people call it.. all with pretty good specs!

I actually want a Heimdallr copy of the Seiko 62 MAS and the Capt. Willard

1678811871.jpg

1676033418.jpg

actually, I've been contemplating on getting a really nice watch, just one, and just use that forever.. which makes me save my money.. I'm really interested in getting one of these aqua dives bathyscapes..

I really am in love with the minimalist designs of these watches! Not cheap though!! I would need to stop buying guitar gears for a whole year.. maybe I will, I'm about to be finished with my electric guitar rig! hehehe

the 300
products-01__34088.1355848987.1280.1280-1-600x450.jpg

and 100 Bronze
100-Bronze-Hero2.png

dreamingGretsch

Synchromatic
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
just looked - out of stock

Yeah, they're out of stock for quite some time now! I dont even know when it will go back in stock or if I'll ever get one..

however the their Bathyscape 300, which I think is their flagship is available.. Id be happy to buy it instead of a Tudor Black Bay or even a Rolex..

the aquadives are kind of my "Telecasters" beautiful, utilitarian, functional and not expensive! heehehehe

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
actually, I've been contemplating on getting a really nice watch, just one, and just use that forever.. which makes me save my money..
I like this idea. I did it with guitars. I'm thinking about doing it with one of my other interests, Art Deco lighters of the 1920s and 1930s. I've almost tried it with watches a couple of times, but could never stick to it. I would say buy nothing until you've made your dream watch happen. And hold on to it forever, but accept the fact that you might not be able to help but pick up a little something on the side now and then.

dreamingGretsch

Synchromatic
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I like this idea. I did it with guitars. I'm thinking about doing it with one of my other interests, Art Deco lighters of the 1920s and 1930s. I've almost tried it with watches a couple of times, but could never stick to it. I would say buy nothing until you've made your dream watch happen. And hold on to it forever, but accept the fact that you might not be able to help but pick up a little something on the side now and then.

its the same with guitars!!!! Believe me! It didnt happen! Hahahaha.

i bought my dream guitar. An es-330. I thought id be done with buying guitars!! I actually didnt have any money for a year to buy anything else. Hahaha

One year later, here I am. A second guitar, an acoustic and a project partscaster body in the works!

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
I bought my dream guitar. An ES-330. I thought id be done with buying guitars!! I actually didn't have any money for a year to buy anything else. Hahaha!

One year later, here I am. A second guitar, an acoustic and a project partscaster body in the works!
It's not a bad way to approach any field that might lend itself to collecting. Start small to get your toes wet and get enough experience to truly figure out what your real dream (fill in the blank) is. Forgo dinking around with little purchases here and there until you can make that happen. Whatever comes after that - nothing, dabbling, or sustained collecting - is all good.

Latest posts