Was Mike Nesmith's 6076 12 string a 16" or 17" body? (photos)

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by gretschguy, Apr 9, 2021.

1. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    My apologies @gretschguy , seems that listing has sold

2. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Louie Shelton played the riff. He also played I’m a believer.

3. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Mike played the opening riff on Pleasant Valley Sunday. Mike played guitar on a lot of Monkee albums after the first one. Glenn Campbell, James Burton, Louie Shelton and others played guitar on the records as well. Both Mike & Peter Tork were actually pretty good musicians as you can hear on their work after leaving The Monkees.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  4. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yeah I never got past Daydream Beleiver - I was into Led Zep and Pink Floyd as a kid :)

5. NickGretsch

NickGretsch Synchromatic

Aug 30, 2011
    Cornwall, England
    Even without reading the excellent post with a photo of MN’s 12 string info, it really had to be 17” as he’s a big guy but that Gretsch still looks big with him playing it :D

thunder58 likes this.
  6. Bob Perrone

Bob Perrone Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    allentown, pa
    Agreed, if you find one that is in good (or even better) condition grab one. I snagged one used just a couple of months ago - an FSR Blonde just like that one. Gorgeous and has the best electric 12 string tone of any brand IMHO. That's a pic of the FSR I got on my bench getting cleaned up before re-stringing it. 20210321_195948.jpg

thunder58 likes this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Awesome Bob . Welcome to the 12 String Club ..... lots of us 12 string freaks here on the forum ( of coarse I say that jokingly )

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.