Upset with Quick Guards

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Stephan, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Stephan

Stephan Electromatic

Jan 18, 2016
    Eldorado Springs Mo.
    I'm not one to complain, I'm a pretty up beat kind of guy. But I ordered an in stock pick-guard a couple of weeks ago from Mike. The charge hit my card ($68) but no tracking information received and I've emailed him a couple of times with no response. It's not the money but the business practice that has me irked. I won't give the man money again. I don't understand someone doing business like this and I hope that no one else has a similar story. I am officially done with Quick Guards.

Ricochet, Waxhead and T simmons like this.
  2. OldCowHand

OldCowHand Country Gent

Sep 24, 2015
    Kent, England.
    Somebody posted a while ago that he was inundated with work and was refunding money paid on back orders. I would take it up with the card supplier.

If there are many more people in your position, he won't be inundated for long.

Stephan likes this.
  3. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    This is the power of these forums when someone gets a bad experience then you let us know and it makes a difference. I hope you get it resolved and I agree, I've been self employed most of my life and not answering calls or returning calls is a bad practice

T simmons and Stephan like this.
  4. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Sorry to hear this Stephan . I would call your card company and stop payment on it .

5. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Good to know, i was just about to place an order. I think i will see how this pans out first. Thanks

6. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Yeah, that's pretty annoying and uncool. I've tried a few times to mail him with no answer. Best advice, anyway: Paul Setzer.

T simmons, wabash slim and Stephan like this.
  7. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Greasy groove has some pretty cool ones, i may try them instead.

T simmons likes this.
  8. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    That's too bad. I had a good experience last fall.

T simmons likes this.
  9. Lucydix

Lucydix Gretschie

Oct 24, 2015
    Call him. I called the number on his website and he (Mike) answered and told me he is just completely overwhelmed, and was considering refunding peoples money. Needless to say, he shipped my guard the next day. I would call him and keep trying till you get him. He's very nice and does qaulity work, hes just overwhelmed. He told me
    he was looking into hiring someone as its just him and his wife doing the work and the demand has been overwhelming.

T simmons and wildeman like this.
  10. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    To help balance things here, I had great service from Mike, and got a really nice product at a good price.

xtcclassic and T simmons like this.
  11. Outlaw

Outlaw Country Gent

Jul 13, 2011
    UK
    Have to say I've had a couple of purchases from him and no probs whatsoever,
    Hope it gets resolved for you.

xtcclassic likes this.
  12. Scarabeus

Scarabeus Gretschie

May 17, 2014
    Dallas
    I purchased a Pro Jet guard from him, and it's of the highest quality.
    He was really nice to deal with.
    Sounds like he's going through some growing pains.

xtcclassic likes this.
  13. benjwri

benjwri Country Gent

Oct 27, 2011
    Central ON Can
    68 bucks for a pick guard and he's overwhelmed?? If I was younger I'd jump on this!

T simmons likes this.
  14. OldCowHand

OldCowHand Country Gent

Sep 24, 2015
    Kent, England.
    I looked at a demo for a Chinese laser cutter/engraver. It worked—just—but there were so many details that were problematic that I dismissed the idea. It took me back to the days when I was buying daisy-wheel printers at £1,000 a throw to make fabric cutters. Fine at the time, but not now. Not for me, anyway.

15. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Maybe this is why a pickguard is $68.

:)

Henry likes this.
  16. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Good parts are expensive, i really like some of his stuff. I hope this gets resolved as i would gladly pay his prices.

Henry and T simmons like this.
  17. T simmons

T simmons Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2013
    California
    Best of luck getting this resolved.

18. DavidE

DavidE Electromatic

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio
    Try Pickguardian.com. Tony does great work!

19. Stephan

Stephan Electromatic

Jan 18, 2016
    Eldorado Springs Mo.
    I ended up purchasing a pick guard from Dan Riley and had it in less than a week. I sent Mike at Quick Guards an email telling him to cancel the order and reimburse me please. He responded to that text and I'm getting the money back. It was cordial and that's fine. It's to bad though as I purchase allot of parts and he would have been a good resource.

20. CKC411

CKC411 Gretschie

Jan 20, 2018
    Florida, USA
    As of right now, October, 2021, the same problems exist. No replies to email, not the message sent several months ago about a guard for my daughter's Strat, not messages sent for a few of my Gretsch guitars, nor the follow-up when I asked about the possibility of using him for all of my brand's guitar and many of my shop guitars and finally my text about the two-month lead time on orders, which can easily negate the alleged quality of this product if (big if) it is even any good, for the holidays. No way I am ordering any kind of bulk from this place. But I think it is cool if any of yo, on this fine for, decide to do it. A couple of you seem to have successfully received product from this place, but maybe in 2016? Has anyone seen anything made by this fellow in the past 5-years? It seems like he still has not sorted things out. MAYBE he makes nice pickguards; maybe, but since he can't seem to run a business, I am happy to find someone else. It would not take much smarts to figure this one out, so I think he may just have bit of a control issue? I don't know.

MarkLo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.