upgrading bridge on 5420t. advice welcome

patientfrog

Electromatic
Jan 23, 2022
Minnesota
You should be fine with the Compton and the Secured 5420 bridge base. If for some not likely to happen reason you need move the base for better intonation you can buy a Gretsch floating bridge base for about $25.00 new.

Most important with a Bigsby, watch a few videos on doing a good locking string wrap with 1-2 wraps max. Lube the nut that has been dressed properly particularly in regards to the D and G strings because of their angle from the nut to the tuner and your tuning should stay solid with that Compton.

Good luck, post some pictures with the new bridge.
sure, what kind of lube are we talking here? I think these guitars are great looking, so i'll see if i can't upload some pictures. this guitar is the first guitar i've bought in about 10 years, and i'm really liking it so far.

radd

Friend of Fred
Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2017
Santa Cruz
sure, what kind of lube are we talking here? I think these guitars are great looking, so i'll see if i can't upload some pictures. this guitar is the first guitar i've bought in about 10 years, and i'm really liking it so far.

Just graphite from a pencil in the nut slots or something like Big Bends Nut Sauce, I use Big Bends.

B4F533C7-6429-4DA2-9D1A-CBAF20478B79.jpeg 3DEAF64A-29AE-4F2A-8390-F6161AC0C0E0.jpeg

Latest posts