TVJ Powertrons anyone?

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by calebaaron666, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I haven’t blinked in years. They deliver Visine by the tank truck. :)

mister rain likes this.
  2. Ashley1983

Ashley1983 Gretschie

Aug 9, 2020
    England
    I prefer a more traditional tone in a Jet I love the clarity and chime of a dynosonic through a Vox. A powertron couldn’t be further away from what I want from a Gretsch….however if I was gonna buy a telecaster I would bloody love to stick a powertron in the bridge position

3. Stencil

Stencil Gretschie

Oct 19, 2009
    Gif-sur-Yvette, or the AF lounge
    G’day,As per usual, I’m joining this party a little late, so for the most part I have to agree with what appears to be the consensus view: Powertrons, midway between a PAF and a classic Filtertron sound, are certainly useful for niche applications.
    I have them in a few of my guitars, that happen to be the guitars that get played out the most. Why is that? We’re a noisy little band, and not the most subtle, so my Powertrons do well in that kind of environment.
    My Powerjet was, apparently, first developed for Aerosmith’s Joe Perry. ‘Nuff said.
    I own a pair of G.Love Corvettes, which are tough little rock ‘n roll machines. The Corvette also takes a spin into bottleneck territory during our live set.
    Yes, my number one Cabronita (in my avatar) has a single Powertron in the bridge, and boy that guitar has a vicious twang!
    Finally, the Stratocaster I sometimes play out has what I would call the ultimate Powertron in the bridge. I explained to Jamie, at The Creamery, that I wanted a pick up with a Powertron’s oomph, but with less compression and more harmonics. To his credit, Jamie is always up for a challenge and he loves to try out arcane techniques. That Strat’s bridge pickup is highly incendiary!
    Cheers,
    Dominique.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.