For Sale/Trade TV Jones T-90s - black, Filtertron sized, English mount

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Shadowy_Man, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    $200 for the set, OBO, free shipping in US.

I took these pics about 6 months ago, unfortunately I don't have the boxes anymore, but I have the pickups (currently in my G5420) and mounting screws.

I've decided to switch to Filtertrons on this guitar. They're lovely sounding pickups. A few light scratches on the playing side from my picking, but otherwise they look great and sound killer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Beauties! So tempting at a good price. What to put them in though?

Shadowy_Man likes this.
  3. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh man this is soooo tempting as I want a pair of these for my 5320T........but I need pick ups for my 6118T which I guess is more of a priority.

Shadowy_Man likes this.
  4. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    How P90 do these sound?
    Do they fit HB rings?

Shadowy_Man likes this.
  5. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    If you bring them up high and the pole pieces low, they do generally have a classic P90 type midrange sound - but probably a bit more subtle on the nuances. They kind of have that TV Jones sheen to them if you know what I mean, and use Filtertron magnets and Filtertron pole pieces. They're also sensitive to adjustment. If you lower the pickups and raise the pole pieces you get a more sparkely sound. This is a good indication of the middle position sound:

If you want to fit them in a HB guitar, TV Jones sells adapter rings. I haven't tried them, but here is a link:

EM1 Gibson-style Pickup Ring-TV Jones

swivel likes this.
  6. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    Update: I was able to sell some other things to fund the Filtertrons. So I would also consider trades or partial trades for:

Nocturne Dyno or Atomic Brain

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021 at 1:44 PM
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.