Truth

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Doctor's Office:
A guy walks into the doctor's office and says, "Doc, I haven't had a bowel movement in a week!" The doctor gives him a prescription for a mild laxative and tells him, "If it doesn't work, let me know." A week later the guy is back: "Doc, still no movement!" The doctor says, "Hmm, guess you need something stronger," and prescribes a powerful laxative. Still another week later the poor guy is back: "Doc, STILL nothing!" The doctor, worried, says, "We'd better get some more information about you to try to figure out what's going on. What do you do for a living?" "I'm a musician, I play the guitar." The doctor looks up and says, "Well, that's it! Here's $10.00. Go get something to eat!"

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Runamok

Country Gent
I agree... I'd also like to add that Fenders are also extreme engineer's guitars. Leo was an engineer, the guitars were designed with ease of use and that kinda engineering pragmatism in mind. The parts could be swapped out constantly... there's a reason why partscasters exist.
While it is fun to mod a guitar…
I wouldn’t pay top dollar for the guitar before modding it.
Expanding that reasoning, they should put really cheap pickups in them, because they will be upgraded or customized anyway.

I like that guitar Phil McKnight has with hot-swappable pickups from the back.

Latest posts