Truth

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Saint Peter is checking ID’s at the Pearly Gates, and first comes a Texan. “Tell me, what have you done in life?” says St.
Peter.
The Texan says, “Well, I struck oil, so I became rich, but I didn’t sit on my laurels–I divided all my money among my entire family in my will, so our descendants are all set for about three generations.”
St. Peter says, “That’s quite something. Come on in. Next!”
The second guy in line has been listening, so he says,
“I struck it big in the stock market, but I didn’t selfishly just provide for
my own like that Texan guy.
I donated five million to Save the Children.”
“Wonderful!” says Saint Peter. “Come in. Who’s next?”
The third guy has been listening, and says timidly with a downcast look,
“Well, I only made five thousand dollars in my entire lifetime.”
“Heavens!” says St. Peter. “What instrument did you play?”

drmilktruck

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Double Platinum Member
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
walk-mile-in-shoes.jpg

Runamok

Country Gent
Give a man an engineer and he will be interested for a day.
Teach a man to be an engineer, and he will be depressed for the rest of his life.
It occurs to me that while some guitars are claimed be be for “doctors & lawyers,” a Gretsch is quintessentially an Engineer’s guitar.

If it ain’t broke—fix it.
Because engineers can never stop tinkering with any design, no matter how exquisite. Or compulsively modding guitars.

Last edited:

Duo Slinger

Country Gent
Sep 11, 2020
California, USA
It occurs to me that while some guitars are claimed be be for “doctors & lawyers,” a Gretsch is quintessentially an Engineer’s guitar.

If it ain’t broke—fix it.
Because engineers can never stop tinkering with any design, no matter how exquisite. Or compulsively modding guitars.
I agree... I'd also like to add that Fenders are also extreme engineer's guitars. Leo was an engineer, the guitars were designed with ease of use and that kinda engineering pragmatism in mind. The parts could be swapped out constantly... there's a reason why partscasters exist.