Too many Gretsches?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by MKunie, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Bob Perrone

Bob Perrone Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    allentown, pa
    Never too many Gretsches, but sacrificing for a guitar for that build quality...well...okay...we'll forgive you...;)

MKunie likes this.
  2. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats ,nice lookin geet!

But they're wasted on a hack like me, i'll have more Gretsches please,more 6120's ,more Falcons,more .....
    Like a stick of rock ,If you cut me in half it would say Gretsch all the way through.:)

MKunie likes this.
  3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Do not feel bad about it.
    Your taste changes with time and so does your collection. It is something perfectly normal.

MKunie likes this.
  4. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Just checking - you traded 2 proline Gretsch for 1 PRS - yes? :D

MKunie likes this.
  5. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    Yes. And it’s well worth the trade.

6. Marko60

Marko60 Gretschie

Mar 26, 2021
    Yorkshire, England
    I live in hope of one day owning a core range PRS, yours is s beauty! Full rosewood neck?

MKunie likes this.
  7. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    Yeah , it is a solid guitar. Funny thing is I do understand what I paid for the 2 Prolines I swapped for it, but it was easily worth it. Having the Setzer and falcon and this PRS is a great combo.
    Tastes' change as someone said above. When I went full Gretsch, I sold G&L's Fenders all US made top of the line stuff. I do miss the Comanche though. The PRS does fill that void very easily, Its a superb instrument of the highest quality!

8. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    2021-06-11_13-24-00_117.jpeg

Had to go back to where I started, So I got this DSL40. Sounds great and the Gretsches are beautiful through it!

G5422T likes this.
  9. EttoreMenguzzo

EttoreMenguzzo Electromatic

Mar 27, 2021
    Italy
    Compliments, excellent gear BUT....... in my opinion still not an overall CLASSIC shape: the neck is outstanding both in feel and birds-look, the sound is very good, electronics and trem top class.... but the body is not comparable to a Gretsch in fashion.
    So the answer is: buy both.

MKunie likes this.
  10. Iron_Mike

Iron_Mike Electromatic

Dec 17, 2019
    New Jersey
    There's always room for more

Attached Files:

MKunie and new6659 like this.
  11. Archtops

Archtops Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
  12. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    @MKunie

Several years back I was ready to sell my three Proline Gretsches for one used Martin.

The Martin deal went south, and I ended up just keeping what I had at the time.

So, I understand your trade thoughts and the why. It can make sense.

I'm still happy with my three Prolines. I'm sure that I would be happy today with that particular Martin, and no Prolines.

When "that" deal feels right, it usually is right.

Enjoy that PRS

MKunie likes this.
  13. Gewdkharma

Gewdkharma Gretschie

Jan 14, 2018
    Gig Harbor, WA
    That is one pretty PRS. They play so beautifully it's hard to put into words.

MKunie likes this.
  14. MKunie

MKunie Synchromatic

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    the thing is, I went in to trade for the Koa penguin that was hanging on the wall. I happened to look to my right, and saw the custom 24. so I picked it up and could not put it down!
    The Setzer has the classics and the falcon, the Butts, so this guitar compliments them very nicely depending on the playing mood i am in, Yes, the more i play it ,the better it feels and sounds. Thought it would be uncomfortable going from the falcon to the prs, but its easy! Yeah, I am VERY satisfied with the trade-in and Now i have the best of both worlds. Oh I also picked up a LP around a week earlier, Sorry to say it did nothing for me. The gretsch One Volume is my thing, Oh well thanks for your understanding and support!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.