Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Today.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jul 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM.

1. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Tony i must say , between the photo of you and your wife in the back yard and these photos in your hallway , you have an absolutely beautiful home :p

toddfan, TSims1 and Rob Williams like this.
  2. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hey man, everybody needs a little cabin. ;)

thunder58 likes this.
  3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    This is the bike I would like to ride. So cool!!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
  6. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Uhhhhh! 6 pm....... 103 deg! Nuther one of those days.

7. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    My yard. After being gone for 3 weeks and this place getting over a foot of rain while I was gone. Did I mention I have an acre and a push mower.

8. guitarmike

guitarmike Gretschie

Oct 13, 2015
    Montreal
  9. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Country Gent

Jul 5, 2014
    SE QLD
  10. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Gretschie

Oct 22, 2015
    Visiting Lotus Land in Montecito with my daughter. Here's a picture of one of the gardens-
    and one of my daughter at the end of the Lemon Arbor. It's an incredible garden; there's a floral clock, a maze, a huge cactus garden, and aloe garden, a Japanese garden, etc- more gardens than I can name IMG_3375.jpg IMG_3389.jpg IMG_3375.jpg

audept, ZackyDog, TSims1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

That's going to be a LOT of pushing.

Pdnlegs likes this.
  12. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Yes it is. Too be fair the back 1/3 acre or so only gets mowed once or twice a year. But the other 2/3 is a lot of pushing. And the grass is well past my knees.

Got about half then front yard done so far.

13. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Just did my lawn yesterday . I'm 58 years old and man I hate it . When I was a kid in the 60's , we couldn't wait for summer so we could go around and mow lawns . $5 a lawn was big money back then . Just try and find a kid to mow a lawn today ...........

Rob Williams, TSims1 and ZackyDog like this.
  14. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    One of my former students mows lawns. He has a nice big zero turn. He told me to mow and NOT weed eat it would be $60. More to weed eat.

No way I could afford to have someone else do it.

thunder58 likes this.
  15. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Just finished golfing. Aggravating round. Aggravating ground's crew and aggravating slower (Much older) golfers who wont allow faster players through... It's in the rules... Let faster players play through. The reasoning is simple... Why should the faster players wait on average of 5 minutes PER hole... when the slower golfer could simply wait a maximum of 2 minutes on ONE hole...

They'd rather rush around and screw up their shots and play even worse... It's also really off-putting when a larger group wont let a smaller group through... Again logically speaking; the more players in a group, the longer it takes to tee off and putt out on every single hole... and just the opposite. The fewer, the less time it takes per hole.

Everyone is entitled to play at their pace of play... for some reason the slower players make it about ego. without looking at the logic or the simple reality that NO ONE LIKES WAITING. Sometimes it's just the group-think attitude. It just messes with my tempo or my ability to keep a fluid feeling/moving round. It's easy to lose focus when you're waiting for EVERY SINGLE tee shot and every second shot from the fairway and just watching the whole rest of your day go by. (considering I'm out of work around 7am and on the course before 8:30 or 9 and have more stuff to do in the day).

I'm just running out of patience trying to chase down the last few lower scoring rounds I need to qualify for an Amateur Pro card. It seems like it's less than 1/5 rounds that I even have an opportunity to just play a fluid feeling round to my full potential. I'm to a point to where if I was just a little meaner spirited I'd just start hitting balls into people.

We all know how frustrating it is to work for something for 25+ years... oh wait so few people my age have a clue what that kind of work and commitment is like! It's just impossible for the average Joe to identify with golfers at my level...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    TSims1 likes this.
  16. Lizardkinged

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    There isn't an app for that? :p

Rob Williams and thunder58 like this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Lol. You need to get a massage and hit the steam room.

18. Lizardkinged

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Haha, maybe if I was part of the country club :) I'm on a budget.

I think I would receive worse treatment at the country club anyhow. Cause rich people don't have ego's right? :p

TSims1 likes this.
  19. NY Chief

NY Chief Electromatic

Apr 16, 2015
    california
    NICE ride, bro!

englishman likes this.
  20. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
  21. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    ahhh today.. today the air conditioning had to be repaired in the PT Loser which is also in the shop because it didnt pass smog. Today the house I was planning to rent after spending 2 days in another city trying to find one that didnt look like funkytown'tucky, went to someone who beat me to the bunch one day earlier. Today the termite inspection report on our house we are selling came back w a $3000 bill attached.

...but I'm alive and working. I have air conditioning in the shop and my oldest kid is going to a private college mostly on a scholarship for academics and varsity cross county. The younger one is intent on becoming my personal real estate manager w his Ipad, but has horrible taste in homes no matter how many times I tell him it has to be older than 1960 and single story ranch style :) ..... so its a good day.

NY Chief, audept and Andrew Griffin like this.