This is/was (arguably) the WORST record ever made....

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Butch Ammon, Jul 30, 2021.

1. bigjohnbates

bigjohnbates Gretschie

Jun 15, 2011
    Vancouver
    That is so charming, I'll be sharing it, thanks!

2. Butch Ammon

Butch Ammon Gretschie

Jan 3, 2016
    Richmond, VA
    LOL.... You all crack me up with 5 pages of replies to this thread! I love this forum! :D

You all realize that even Zappa wouldn't attempt to try to cover one of The Shaggs songs!! How far out of tune the guitars are, is anyone's guess. The drummer plays her own thing regardless of what the guitars are trying to play. It's all.... um... interesting. :rolleyes:

3. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Pretty sure this is the worst thing ever recorded...

4. Johnny ray

Johnny ray Electromatic

Jun 29, 2018
    Indiana
    Kinda reminds me of Black Sabbath a little.

5. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    Further analysis proves The Shaggs had charts and they stuck to them and could reproduce their terrible rhythm and tones note-for-note. This was confirmed by the pro musicians that played with them in 2017 . . . they were amazed. This was all intentional and Helen the drummer had it down to perfection . . . it was perfect, even if perfectly awful. Let's face it they had no musical ability and no talent.

It's funny, I was shocked when I first listened to them. Especially the Foot-Foot song. But the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. I now have a different appreciation of music, musical tones, rhythm, tempo and key signatures. How could anyone not like Foot-Foot, coming from a group of young untalented girls who were singing and playing their hearts out at the behest of an abusive father. Could it be that they planned to be that bad just to spoof him?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Shadowy_Man likes this.
  6. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Kind of like burning the beans on purpose the exact same amount every time.

MrWookiee likes this.
  7. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    . . . . or intentionally not meaningful to spite their abusive father.

8. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    . . . . . especially when you know your father hates burned beans.

stevo likes this.
  9. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    Right on Jim. What's the old saying, "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." . . . . And here, I'm not fooled. But for unexplainable reasons, I do like the Foot-Foot song.

10. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I would tend to agree.

11. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    Here's one that isn't bad per se, so much as it sounds like Jumpin' Gene Simmons (not the KISS bassist) ran out of vinyl before he could finish.

12. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I looked her up cause I thought no one could be this bad… and she studies sociology and this was an experiment. Apparently.

13. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Yeah, that's one of the theories going around.

KaHOnas and Ricochet like this.
  14. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    You know, calling this the worst record ever ignores the wide variety of nu metal albums produced throughout the late 90s and early 2000s.

15. afire

afire Country Gent

I agree.

Same here. My family's reaction to The Shaggs would be best described as anger. I'm pretty sure my wife's sister was on the verge of murdering me when I played them at a party.

I assume you've watched "The Room", right? My first introduction to that masterpiece was on April Fool's Day, 2009, on Adult Swim. The showing featured a preface from Tim and Eric, singing the praises of Tommy Wiseau's genius. Between the network, the date, and the hosts, I probably should have realized I was being spoofed, but I did not. But within the first minute or two, the joke became obvious.

16. KaHOnas

KaHOnas Electromatic

Where did you find this? It feels like you went on a weird Wikiwalk from Rebecca Black, responsible for the viral YouTube video "Friday".

I about snarfed my beer at the lyric "That didn't stew...right with me"

17. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    And was it the inspiration for the name of Mr. Pants' sister? (the grey one)

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.