Join Gretsch-Talk Today

thinking of joining the Kluson Revolution

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by rockinforJesus, Dec 28, 2016.

1. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Gretschie

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    I have a Les Paul with Klusons that have the small white oval buttons on them that is begging for an upgrade.
    In my usual tireless searching and review browsing, I decided on the Kluson Revolution non-locking tuners. http://www.kluson.com/revolution.html#g-non
    Anyone have experience with these? I KNOW they will really make the LP pop when I ditch the small unsightly buttoned tuners for a real set of tulips. Just looking to see if anyone is using these and what they think about them...
    KEDP_3801C.jpg

2. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Synchromatic

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Haven't tried these machines in particular, but I've put other recent production Klusons on a couple guitars and they've worked well. Maybe a bit pricey (I somehow wound up w/ the impression that they're made by Gotoh but can't recall how) but I like 'em.

3. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    They're a pita for getting enough leverage to turn them easily, especially if you have sausage fingers. Can't beat half moon Gotohs.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. journeyman

journeyman Gretschie

Aug 20, 2009
    Hamilton, Ontario
    I have a set of Gotoh Kluson style locking tuners. They have the small metal oval buttons though; might not be what you want. They are great tuners though. If you're interested I can send you the specs.

6. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Great quality - go for it.

7. guitarmike

guitarmike Gretschie

Oct 13, 2015
    Montreal
    Did you make sure the holes in the headstock are the
    right size?
    Personnally I would not want to drill the holes bigger