There is no such thing as a real or special sale price for what you really want

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by rcboals, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I guess this turns out to be another urban legend, but you reminded me of the story:
    “Some of the ways Wal-Mart managers found to exploit their findings are legendary. One such legend is the story, “diapers and beer”. Wal-Mart discovered through data mining that the sales of diapers and beer were correlated on Friday nights. It determined that the correlation was based on working men who had been asked to pick up diapers on their way home from work. On Fridays the men figured they deserved a six-pack of beer for their trouble; hence the connection between beer and diapers. By moving these two items closer together, Wal-Mart reportedly saw the sales of both items increase geometrically.”

Archtops, Randy99CL and stevo like this.
  2. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Oh my gosh. That is hilarious!

Sabato likes this.
  3. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    There's a reason they put cigarettes, candy and tabloids at check out and veggies in the back . . . maybe they should move the booze.

Sabato likes this.
  4. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    IDK..I ordered the GoPro camera directly from GoPro and got a bundle, GoPro subscription, and $$ off the regular price. Then when I went to pay for it, the price dropped some more by about $50. Which surprised me and I thought I may have messed up my order.

BrianW likes this.
  5. BrianW

BrianW Country Gent

Oct 21, 2014
    Vancouver Island
    Sometimes it happens !

Archtops likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.