The Terry Kath Fender Custom Shop Telecaster

ZackyDog

Friend of Fred
Feb 6, 2015
In the USA
Can anyone play this video?
The message I get is “your browser cannot play this video.”
Which then directs to Mozilla, Opera & Chrome.

Have I stumbled upon technology discovered at Roswell?
Cigarette Man made this video, didn’t he.
——————

Update:
OK. Drop the link into youtube & it plays. No aliens.
Must be a harbinger of the coming computer war.

I can; I'm using Firefox.

Mogg

Electromatic
Apr 9, 2016
Scotland
I can; I'm using Firefox.

Won't play in the UK, but for anyone interested it's available on Amazon Prime.

Five minutes into the video, I'm thinking, "Wow, this is NOT the sickly sweet soft-rock Chicago I remember from the 80s". Terry Kath's playing in the 70s was gritty and experimental. Sad story, though.

So, Fender's $20k cash grab guitar aside, I am definitely looking forward to learning more about Terry Kath.

Runamok

Country Gent
Won't play in the UK, but for anyone interested it's available on Amazon Prime.

Five minutes into the video, I'm thinking, "Wow, this is NOT the sickly sweet soft-rock Chicago I remember from the 80s". Terry Kath's playing in the 70s was gritty and experimental. Sad story, though.

So, Fender's $20k cash grab guitar aside, I am definitely looking forward to learning more about Terry Kath.
If you have a VPN & can route thru a server in the US, you might.
Cut & paste into the youtube app & it works. I learned this after my call to Mulder & Scully.

Good film.
Your observation said it better: No Soft Rock Chicago.

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
Limited run of 50, and all 375 of them will soon be available in the afternarket.

As a horn player I have always admired Chicago's pre-80s discography but never really noticed the guitar. After starting my guitar journey I happened to hear 25 or 6 to 4 on the radio for the umpteenth time, and suddenly the guitar work caught my attention. I was Kath-obsessed for a couple of days. Amazing chops (writing and playing)! Sad, stupid death.

G5422T

Country Gent
May 24, 2012
usa
Terry was that "free spirit" amongst trained musicians.

I may be all wet, but I've always thought that CTA wouldn't have made their mark in musical history without Terry's playing style, and presence.

That "looseness" brought all that impeccable horn playing "together."

Then there's his vocals and writing abilities.

I loved that guy and still miss him.

roadjunkie

Country Gent
Jul 4, 2008
Middletown,PA
Always loved Kath's playing and thought Pete's a [email protected] But I still hate stickers. Many years ago I caught some kids getting ready to put stickers on my car. I softly whispered in this girl's ear I will kneecap anyone who does. Empty threats but they didn't need to know any different. I once had a 62 Impala with a gigantic Tweedy bird sticker across the dashboard loved the car hated the sticker I didn't put there

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
I don't hate stickers but they're a bit much on Kath's guitar. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he was still young and probably trying to advertise the Pignose amplifier company that he had co-founded with a friend.