Join Gretsch-Talk Today

the Strymon Riverside, is coming to Riverside!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Oct 25, 2016.

1. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Review please when you can ......vid is nice too

2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Yea , did you say " Paw House " ......live vicariously through me my friend . 3 Strymons and yea , I'm gassing to try this Riverside too .;)

Attached Files:

3. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I love my Flint... but that's because it's flat out one of the most versatile reverb/tremolo combo's out there... hands down... and it actually sounds good... LOL.

I'm interested in their tape machine too... among others. Pedal-genie. Yadda yadda... I will be getting an Empress Superdelay from them to try, and will be trying their tape machine soon too.

thunder58 and emicad like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I won't play Strymon I won't play Strymon I won't play Strymon I won't play Strymon I might play Strymon I.........

Pdnlegs, thunder58 and JHall55 like this.
  6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I got one coming in the mail soon

thunder58 and emicad like this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Review please when you can .....thanks

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  8. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Got to go with Ruger9 on this one. Which exciting overdrive tone is this going to cover that hasn't already been covered by the 100's of overdrive pedals out there? I have had a boat load of them in my life from just about all the builders and manufacturers. I can't get excited about another od. When I use OD it is the BYOC OD2 gets about most of the OD tones plus an independent clean boost.

Attached Files:

emicad likes this.
  9. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    I agree with you. I tried some OD pedals in the last year, not many of them but the most significant (imho) for each "family" of circuits that suits my playing style. I realized pretty soon that even if most of them were fun to use, I noticed many overlaps between features/functions and most of them were not crucial for my setup. I'm sure I saved lot of money (which I spent for other gear) but it's a road every guitarist should cover for sure, I'm not saying that distortion pedal are useless. I ended up using a Carmen Ghia for dirt tones and a Princeton for cleans with a couple of boosts/ODs.
    I don't expect from Strymon anything different from other dirt pedals in the market to be honest, but I'm curious to hear some review.

10. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I'm hoping I cant get the classic sounds.. I want NEW sounds and I want to be able to create them w this box.

Henry and thunder58 like this.
  11. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    This pedal actually kinda reminds me of my mesa. It's not trying to capture A sound; it's designed to let you find YOUR sound.

12. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    image.jpeg
    Two of those pedals I don't have to live vicariously through you for. I got em.

But how about giving us some demos of those Strymons.

13. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Would love to if I knew how to upload videos ( and had a decent camera ) . Forum member nickurso has done a few and there very helpful . One thing I like about Strymon is the way they hold there value if you ever want to sell them down the road . Example - Strymon new $300 , used $250 / Boss new maybe lets say $130 , used $55

nickurso likes this.
  14. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    The only way I can upload a video is by publishing it to YouTube first then copy and paste the link

thunder58 likes this.
  15. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    By the way how much are you loving your Big Muff. I basically got mine by accident and it just might be my favorite pedal. Now it's not the most versatile, for example hasn't been used during a set at church, but just playing around at home I have the most fun with that thing. It's real close between my OCD and my Big Muff for favorite Pedal.

16. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Great pedal and enjoying the trip back to the 70's once in a while ....lol. Just pick up a used Jangle Box and that pedal is just awesome too . Maybe one more pedal and my board will be done for this " play at home mainly an acoustic guy " player .....:)

17. MacStevenXIII

MacStevenXIII Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2009
    Boston
    I played through one of these for a little bit the other day when I was demoing the Dr Z Z-Lux amp I just bought.

I only took a minute to dial in a mild OD sound and thought it sounded really great, then a lil flip of that mids switch and bam, solo time. I think I want to get one of these to really sit down and fiddle with. Not sure I reeeeeeaaaaally need it but if I keep the Z then I'll be freeing up a spot on my pedal board where my trem pedal resides so, I mean, I need to put SOMEthing there right??

TSims1 likes this.
  18. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Yes. Yes you do. What Nocturne stuff do you have on your board?

19. MacStevenXIII

MacStevenXIII Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2009
    Boston
    I've had a Dyno Brain in chevy orange for 6 years now, but a mini atomic brain is what resides on my board these days.

TSims1 likes this.
  20. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I still haven't been able to beat the ubangi stomp, that and a brain cover a lot of ground very well. Right now he's not making them but I think there are rumors they will be showing up some time in the future

audept and Pdnlegs like this.
  21. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    nickurso likes this.