Join Gretsch-Talk Today

the Strymon Riverside, is coming to Riverside!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Oct 25, 2016.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Friend of Fred

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Thats the kinda sugar poppa likes!

A digitally controlled analog/jfet based overdrive you say??? Oh bring it! Right here to
    Riverside..yes set it down next to my El Capistan. :)

"Riverside’s continuously variable circuit tuning dynamically tweaks multiple parameters under the hood so that the sweet spot follows you at any gain setting. As you turn the Drive knob, Riverside makes continuous adjustments, tuning the circuit for optimum tone. This results in an incredibly versatile drive pedal that is equally capable of providing sparking cleans, mild overdrives, high-gain leads, and heavy saturated distortions."

http://www.strymon.net/products/riverside/
    [​IMG]

2. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Good demos here. Very promising. Didn't like their chorus at all, but the El Capistan, Flint, Lex and now this are very interesting to me.

3. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    Meh. Happy with my Crayon ;)

DavidLee and TSims1 like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Anyone know what the street price will be? I assume $299 like most of their other pedals?

6. JHall55

JHall55 Synchromatic

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Yeah, sounds really good. I did read it was $299, but don't remember where. That means with taxes up here, it's about $460. Ouch. Though if that continuously adjusting circuit works like it should...

7. toddfan

toddfan Gretschie

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    So...did you buy one? I looked the other day for some sort of pre-order, but couldn't find one or I'd have one on the way. Something tells me you have better connections that I???

8. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Riverside , N.Y. in Long Island !!! I can't wait ! Tavo , let me know when you land in JFK Airport , I'll drive out and pick you up

9. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I guess you ordered one. I just posted about this pedal the other day. Now we can get the full story

thunder58 likes this.
  10. audept

audept Gretschified

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The demos are very interesting.

11. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Meh. The world needs another overdrive pedal like it needs another John Mayer.

DavidLee and Mudshark like this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    The world DOES need one more overdrive pedal in my opinion, because overdrive has been evolving, slowly in tiny increments, it has.. Especially here because they have evolved not only the parameters of cascading gain and texture but how it can be manipulated in the digital realm while maintaining the analog aspects of what sounds natural to the human ear.
    I was a rack geek in the late 80s/ early 90s and spent so much time tweaking parameters to create my own sounds and for various guitars and amps. Those units were limited by the times, and Strymon w their modeling technology of Now along w that amazing Sharc processor.. might indeed yield something that lets us dial in the perfect sound to our ears.
    I make several analog overdrives, and one underdrive (Jr Barnyard) but they are specifically colored and meant to create a focused response. This Strymon on the other hand
    might be more of a box of sonic clay. Color me excited, they best not let me down :) :) I wish I knew when it was going to be avail to order, trying to sell some gear right now to
    front it.

the demo vids are ok.. I want to see some weirdo sitting on the floor w a guitar, strung out on coffee and no sleep just giving this thing a run for the money :) ..or I could film myself.. (strung out on green tea and honey though)

Sarah93003 and audept like this.
  13. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I want to be excited about this......I really do....! I just.....can't. Eh.

blueruins and ruger9 like this.
  14. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    you feel about Strymon how I feel about Strats :) ..whats funny is PAW guitarists dont want to like strymon but they all repent sooner
    or later because they just do great things, simple-rrrrr.

TSims1 likes this.
  15. The Marlin

The Marlin Friend of Fred

Feb 2, 2011
    London...ish
    I'm yet to see a video on this pedal, that would make me want it more than a simple Joyo Sweet Baby.

I really can't see what prople are getting excited about. Honestly, it's not gone down well on other guitar forums......

16. Ricochet

Ricochet Friend of Fred

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Reminds me of the TC Electronics Nova Drive.

17. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    thats okay, I am interested in it for creation. Plus it's made local here, by fellow So Cal craftsmen and designers, thats really cool in my book.
    I love my State! :)
    [​IMG]

dankas11 and Henry like this.
  18. giffenf

giffenf Gretschie

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Wow, and I thought I got a little gushy about it on the other forum, but once again, Tavo has outdone me. I heard Strymon will start taking orders from dealers later this month or early next, I've got my name on one of them when they arrive at my local pedalopolis. Glad they didn't name it after Strymon's hometown, because the "Strymon Simi Valley" just doesn't have the same ring as the "Strymon Riverside." I think it's cool they got Walter White to do the demo video.

19. emicad

emicad Synchromatic

Jul 14, 2015
    Rome, Italy
    I agree with you, I watched both videos and I'm not impressed at all. They do great pedals though.

20. JHall55

JHall55 Synchromatic

Dec 18, 2012
    Ontario
    Mine arrives tomorrow...we shall see.

Henry, thunder58 and Pdnlegs like this.
  21. Pdnlegs

Pdnlegs Synchromatic

May 28, 2016
    Oklahoma
    I dont know why a PAW guitarist would not want to like Strymon. I am a poor person that is why I dont own Strymon. lol.

I am happy for all of you that do get all the great gear and a little jealous. for me, I will continue to hunt the bargain bins searching for my sound lol. I think I have a Decent Pedal collection that i have managed to get on the pretty cheap. now just need to find "That" deal on a good amp.

But i enjoy living vicariously through you guys, so please post demos of all this great gear some of you get!

Ricochet likes this.