The Stray Cats regain their strut on new live album

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by ZackyDog, Sep 9, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Here

The guitar aficionado, who recently launched a shop with Chicago-based instrument resale site Reverb to give fans the chance to buy his personal collection, has a signature line with Gretsch Guitars and calls his most prized possession a ’56 Gretsch White Penguin. “It’s a real plum,” Setzer says.

[​IMG]

loudnlousy, Waxhead, JC higgy and 6 others like this.
  2. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    To highlight my favorite parts.. recovered from tinnitus and writing more material.

:)

4. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Gretschie

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    I think the live album going to be a "must have" for me.......and was glad to read that Brian seems to have successfully dealt with his tinnitus issues.

ZackyDog likes this.
  5. coryb

coryb Electromatic

Jul 15, 2017
    Virginia
    I got my copy of the new CD a few days ago and it's fantastic. If they do a show anywhere near me, I'll be there.

I'm curious as to how Brian recovered from his tinnitus though - I've had it for years and would love to get rid of it.

6. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Gretschie

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    I'm willing to bet it's not "cured"...but he's probably learned to deal with it through various methods.......I believe that's how William Shatner and Pete Townshend have dealt with it. (No idea what those methods are.....but, I remember reading interviews with each of them where they discussed it.)

ZackyDog likes this.
  7. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    I must order a copy.

ZackyDog likes this.
  8. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Good for them

However, I do wish old rockers would not try to look like they are still in their 20’s.....

DF3B5B95-9223-452B-838E-7BC01FBB138F.jpeg

MrWookiee and CalicoSkies like this.
  9. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I saw them on that tour. They were very good, not great. Brian had played another show with his side group the night before in northern Wisconsin (which my sister saw) and his voice was ragged. But it was nice to see them. I saw them last over 10 years ago, with ZZ Top, the Pretenders and there Gin Blossoms.

MrWookiee likes this.
  10. sanhozay

sanhozay Electromatic

Mar 17, 2014
    usa
    i missed that cat's tour but caught the rockabilly shows, which was killer. BS draws people who are decades older than his band. it amazes me how much older his audience got after he started the brian setzer orchestra. but i totally love it and marvel how hard they swing and appreciate live music. inspiring music gets you out of the house and i hope i have something that lures me off the couch to rock out that's as amazing as the stray cats or BSO are. yeah, i'll be getting this album. and i know i'll love it. they are such a cool bunch of cats

11. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m not sure they’re trying to dress like they are in their 20’s. Those clothes look a bit older than what would’ve worn then. Some people legitimately like the style of vintage clothing and fashion. Without knowing what they typically wear day to day, it could be the case. Aside from Lee’s skinny jeans and Jim’s leather jacket of course.

Echocat23 likes this.
  12. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

Brian looks good, the other two are trying to hard....Sad, I have apparently nothing better to do on a trapped inside smoke and COVID day than pick on successful rockers regarding their dress.
    :(

MrWookiee and Moedecker like this.
  13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Ive seen Lee wear that type of Jackets and shirts over the last two decades. He was into Jazz for a bit so he may just have an eclectic taste of fashion. But that’s no excuse for skinny jeans.

radd likes this.
  14. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Gretschie

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    Yeah, I agree, they don't look (to me, anyway) like they're going for a particularly "young" look with the way they dress...as far as Slim Jim's jacket...I know bikers probably 10 years older than him wearing similar garb...... I hadn't noticed the "Skinny Jeans" on Lee......thanks....some things you just can't unsee... ;-) But seriously...whenever I've seen him over the last several years his clothing look is always rather eclectic and a bit different. (And I dig Jim's shoes)

But they do always pose with the coolest of cars! :)

radd and Merc like this.
  15. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    They look Heroic n Slick!!
    True veterans of years of RnR.
    I dig Phantoms attire the most!
    Usually Brian’s got em both beat..
    Rocker’s smoooth..
    Setzer looks ready to hit the streets!!
    Love it.

Maxadur, OzzPocket and michelb like this.
  16. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
  17. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Gretschie

Nov 18, 2019
    Beaverton, OR, USA
    From what I've heard, I always thought tinnitus was a permanent thing. I didn't know you could recover from it and have it go away. I know someone who has tinnitus, and he wears whitenoise generators in his ears to help deal with it.

18. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m guessing by recovered he meant able to manage and control in a way. So I wouldn’t put so much emphasis on the word itself.

I’m anxious to hear the new material he’s been writing. It’ll be interesting if it goes to the Stray Cats, BSO, or solo work.

CalicoSkies likes this.
  19. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    It can improve, if you prevent further damage to the ears. Generally it is permanent though to some degree. I suspect it got less prominent but didn't go away.

MrWookiee and CalicoSkies like this.
  20. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    4987A783-1EE9-4994-950D-C2B789A88773.jpeg Gots tos wears thes ears plugs..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.