The Rat Rod in action.

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by TSims1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Let me predicate this by saying I am NOT propagating religion, nor trying to create a "religious" post. This is simply the only venue(s)/situations in which I play live anymore(church), so I offer this link purely as a sample of my Gretsch guitar in action. If I am breaking any forum rules, that is not my intention and I'll be glad to take it down if necessary.

NOW, for those of you who don't care WHAT kind of music is being played nor WHERE it is being played, but ARE interested in hearing my heavily modified Rat Rod through Nocturne effects and into a Deluxe Reverb Tonemaster.......click the link!

T Bone, rcboals, CatTones and 20 others like this.
  2. Jeff67

Jeff67 Synchromatic

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Great stuff, Tony. To me, good music is good music, no matter what venue or genre. That RR looks and sounds great!

TSims1 likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Personally, I don’t understand why posting legitimate music that happens to have religious wording or reference would be an issue on a forum. On the bottom it states no religious discussion, not no religious music. But I understand clarifying you’re not propagating religion. So I say play on and let the music live.

I skimmed through quickly as I’m about to take my boy out for a little bike ride. Your playing sounds appropriate and beautiful. I’m guessing that’s your new board you’re playing through?

The white Glory Rod looks great on stage too. I’m going to watch it more in depth later. Thanks for posting.

4. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Thanks Tony

But tell your sound guy to turn your guitar up in the mix :D

TSims1 and SAguitar like this.
  5. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    Haha, says EVERY guitar player

ffooky, SAguitar, radd and 1 other person like this.
  6. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Great sound but... you've been had: that's not a rat rod, it doesn't have the red pup cover! :D
    Thanks for posting, esp. as I'd never been able to think of watching the Sunday streaming in due time.

About religious music, it's a key tradition in American music and I can see no reason why it should be banned from a musician's forum.
    And a great tradition. From the early country blues roots that can be heard in Harry Smith's "Anthology of American Folk Music" to modern gospel. Including the tremendous Saved album from Dylan.

section2 and TSims1 like this.
  7. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Nice Tony. Thanks for sharing.

TSims1 likes this.
  8. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Great work Tony , thanks for sharing

TSims1 likes this.
  9. Gewdkharma

Gewdkharma Gretschie

Jan 14, 2018
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Sounds really good. Nice clear tone.

TSims1 likes this.
  10. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

I agree

The issue as I see it is really the intent. If the intent like Tony did is to post music for music’s sake, fantastic. On the other hand if somebody is posting a religious song to spread their religious word that would be unacceptable.

Heck, we have songs about killing, Hey a Joe, is just one example. I don’t thing the intent of posting a cover of that song is to promote killing your cheating girlfriend......Hopefully :eek:

TSims1, Henry and Merc like this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Love your playing Tony.

You look so animated and lively during playing compared to the other band members, it reminds me a bit of the famous YT video of “drummer at the wrong gig”. :D

TSims1 and radd like this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    you all are lucky you are still allowed to play together. My fam shelters together so being the worship band we are allowed to be on stage together w a skeleton crew of 4 more people that are required to be 6 feet apart but.. I think that may be coming to a close too. Then it will be remote broadcast. Love the sound, just wish it was louder.

blueruins and TSims1 like this.
  13. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    That was pre-recorded several weeks ago. I won’t physically step foot back in the church until at least May. :(

TV the Wired Turtle and Henry like this.
  14. dreamingGretsch

dreamingGretsch Synchromatic

Oct 12, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Man that sounds great! thanks for sharing!

TSims1 likes this.
  15. rob batz

rob batz Country Gent

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Great playing !!! Thanx

TSims1 likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    how are all y'all doing it now, I'd love to see that.

TSims1 likes this.
  17. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
  18. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Gretschie

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Thank you Tony.

TSims1 likes this.
  19. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Well done Tony, and I agree that the Rat Rod sounded great, and add so much to the overall sound.

20. brownie

brownie Synchromatic

Oct 29, 2013
    Spain
    Good stuff Tony: good music is good music no matter what.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice