The pedal I can't live without

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I use so many delays I played a note in 2017 that still hasn't hit the first repeat.

Boss DD-20, Boss loop pedal, Memory Toy, Digitech Obscura, Boss DM3

But mostly one DD-20 is enough.
Better be careful. When that baby finally comes out of the speaker, there will be no escaping, for years on end. :)

oneforsorrow

Country Gent
May 15, 2020
Iowa
oh, do i ever lust for the overhive.

but i’m seriously considering the wampler moon - massive low end muff ish fuzz.
It arrived yesterday and has promptly kicked 3 pedals off my board. This pedal is PHENOMENAL! It has all the gain I should need, the body switch makes it like owning 2 different pedals, and hive switch makes it like owning 2 pedals, and the interaction between those switches, the tone knob, and honey (drive) knob make it the most versatile pedal I've ever played. I'll do a NPD post soon but this thing has FAR exceeded my hopes. The body switch in the up position is dramatically different than the down position. It's pretty wooly in the up and pretty crisp on the down. I was using my Supro Drive as a "fuzz" type pedal but I can quickly change the Overhive to cover that ground in spades.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
How are the Vox and Marshall sides of the Strymon for clean to cleanish tones?

I gotta be honest and say I haven’t explored those tones much at ALL. This is a pedal platform for me. I was surprisingly/immediately most drawn to the “round” setting which is a Fender Deluxe. I run it through the 2x10” vibrolux cabinet IR and it gives me a nice big clean tone platform. My pedals do all the rest of the work.

That being said, I DID recently finally set a favorite setting and chose the Vox setting for that. I fed it a bunch of gain so it’s quite a dirty Vox sound at the press of a button. It does sound great. :)

Shadowy_Man

Synchromatic
May 18, 2020
Chicago
I gotta be honest and say I haven’t explored those tones much at ALL. This is a pedal platform for me. I was surprisingly/immediately most drawn to the “round” setting which is a Fender Deluxe. I run it through the 2x10” vibrolux cabinet IR and it gives me a nice big clean tone platform. My pedals do all the rest of the work.

That being said, I DID recently finally set a favorite setting and chose the Vox setting for that. I fed it a bunch of gain so it’s quite a dirty Vox sound at the press of a button. It does sound great. :)

Thank you, good to know!

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
It arrived yesterday and has promptly kicked 3 pedals off my board. This pedal is PHENOMENAL! It has all the gain I should need, the body switch makes it like owning 2 different pedals, and hive switch makes it like owning 2 pedals, and the interaction between those switches, the tone knob, and honey (drive) knob make it the most versatile pedal I've ever played. I'll do a NPD post soon but this thing has FAR exceeded my hopes. The body switch in the up position is dramatically different than the down position. It's pretty wooly in the up and pretty crisp on the down. I was using my Supro Drive as a "fuzz" type pedal but I can quickly change the Overhive to cover that ground in spades.
sigh. my dream pedalboard would be enormous.

Wermode

Sep 6, 2022
Chippewa Falls
New guy here…

I have several pedalboards, and the only pedal common to them all is a Klon clone. Tumnus, Archer IKon, right side of the Wampler Gearbox, even the TC Zeus is fine. The Klone is (almost) always on.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I get a kick reading this thread. Seems there are two types of people in the grossest of basic sense. I get the tone I like just from my amp so like I mentioned my favorite pedal is an effect the tonal palette stimulates my mind and is just fun. On the other hand the other side of the coin is the group who achieve their tone from the use of a pedal.

newcitypraise

Electromatic
Sep 28, 2019
Maine
How are the Vox and Marshall sides of the Strymon for clean to cleanish tones?
In my opinion the Vox is the best “amp” in the iridium. I have an HX Stomp, an Iridium, and returned an ACS1. Out of those three the Iridium has the best AC tone and feel...BUT, I just purchased the UA Ruby and it’s quite a bit better than the Iridium, even more so compared to the Stomp, and vastly better than the ACS1. It has an inspiring tone and feel...even without added delay and/or verb. And it takes overdrives splendidly.

dlew919

Country Gent
Silver Member
Jul 18, 2016
Sydney, Australia
I'd have said 'wah' or envelope filter, or a delay. But really my always on pedal (set to low gain - around 10:00 or so) is the Boss BD-2 (sometimes 2.1) or a good clone. Just fattens the sound a tad, and improves the response of the strings - so I can push it to crunch or even higher gain based on manipulating guitar volume or strings...

GlenP

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2019
WA
No matter what else I might be using, the one that usually stays is the Volume pedal with a built in tuner. It is bright enough to see in sunlight when those little headstock clip-ons are not visible at all. And I can read it without my glasses.

0AA3C364-0C09-4383-B1B8-79BA666DBC59.jpeg

Latest posts