The Nile Rodgers Collection

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Some amazing guitars in there.

A pedestrian 2000 Korean Epiphone ES295 at $2500 seems oddly optimistic, particularly set against a 1951 Zephyr Regent withs solid carved top, NY pickups, and carrousel knobs at $2000.

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal

A pedestrian 2000 Korean Epiphone ES295 at $2500 seems oddly optimistic, particularly set against a 1951 Zephyr Regent withs solid carved top, NY pickups, and carrousel knobs at $2000.
Maybe the 295 is something he played alot, with pictures.

guitarfarm

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2008
Neither here nor there...

Agreed. I would take the '51 over the newer guitar any day. I must admit that I am having a "Get thee behind me, Satan" moment thinking about that Zephyr Regent.

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
All the prices here have a big star-bonus factored-in.
The point for me is that most people will connect the image of the "Hitmaker-Strat" with him and not so much one of these guitars.
It is for a good cause. So may he make lots of money with this auction.

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
The point for me is that most people will connect the image of the "Hitmaker-Strat" with him and not so much one of these guitars.
I don't really know who he is, but noticed that a lot of the archtops are missing pickguards, so did a quick Google image search to see if he's one of those criminally insane, blasphemous "no pickguards" types. I could barely find any images of him with anything but a Strat.

Mogg

Electromatic
Apr 9, 2016
UK
So many of have autographs scribbled all over them. I would not want that on my guitar.
Wall-hangers, destined never to sing again. Very sad.

On that point - the 2007 Epiphone Junior has "the signatures of Nile Rodgers, Slash, and another artist". Ouch. Anyone recognise who Crewman Number Three might be?

Screenshot 2021-12-02 at 12.44.54.png

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
I don't really know who he is
I am sure that you know dozends of his numerous world hits. C`mon Afire: "We are Family", "Le Freak", "Everybody dance"......
He played his guitar on most of the 70ies and 80ies Disco-Funk hits by various artists (Bowie, Chick, Luther Vandross, Sisters Sledge...., even SRV (Or he produced and composed them. Diana Ross, Debbie Harry, Madonna, Duran Duran, INXS, Dan Reed Network, Grace Jones, Laurie Anderson )
He is still very active. Had a more recent collaboration with Draft-Punk (Get Lucky).
He made jazzy chords cool again even with young kids learning the guitar. An icon.

Latest posts