The Kinder, Gentlrr Hate PRS by way of Fender Thread

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by blueruins, Sep 14, 2021.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Probably the one junior executive moderator who just graduated…I forget her name?

Electrosynthesis likes this.
  2. Ain’t easy being green.

Green guitars blend into the lawn if you set them down.
    Who’s got the time to hunt for them if you make this mistake?

section2 and blueruins like this.
  3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I do see a clever ploy here on the part of Fender…imagine this scene being played out in homes across the Nation:

Man: walks through front door with brand new guitar case.

Woman: hands immediately go to hips, lips pursing in anger and suddenly her right arm shoots up gesticulating wildly in the air
    “I can’t believe it you bought another freaking guitar!! my mother told me you were an idiot but she always overestimated you!”

Man: calmly places case on floor bends down and starts undoing the latches

Woman: “ I can’t even right now…are you even listening to me!?! You are such a loser!! This is exactly the reason when you were out of town last year I slept with…”

Man: stands calmly and confidently holding new Stratocaster.

Woman: “…Wait…is that OMBRÉ!!! OMG honey…that is so AMAZING!!! Here…Sit down! Where did you find that! I LOVE OMBRÉ!!! Let me get us a couple glasses of wine and you can tell me all about it!”​

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    Mimmo, Craig Encinitas and AZBrahma like this.
  4. Electrosynthesis

Electrosynthesis Gretschie

May 11, 2011
    São Paulo
    LOL

blueruins likes this.
  5. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Makes me think of popsicles.

blueruins likes this.
  6. jvin248

jvin248 Electromatic

May 16, 2017
    Near Detroit

More women and girls picked up guitar in the last few years, color shades presented are to catch the eyes of that demographic.

Henry, Runamok and Craig Encinitas like this.
  7. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    What's wrong with two-tone-sunburst or butterscotch blonde? All these fancy new colours, candyapple red, seafoam green and so on, who needs that? You can't see colours on a TV screen... oh wait, there is colour TV? Must have missed something...
    Anyway, these colours are not my cup of tea, but I don't have to buy them, so I don't care too much.

Craig Encinitas likes this.
  8. amp360

amp360 Synchromatic

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    The latest FMIC sponsored interview I saw talked about how they’re changing from being a company old white men buy to a more inclusive brand.

I’m glad 98% of what falls under the fmic umbrella is total garbage. Let them sell this junk on tik tok, which seems to be what they’re interested in doing.

No thanks FMIC. Keep making your slave labor imported garbage. Maybe they need U2 on the board of directors.

9. AZBrahma

AZBrahma Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Arizona
    While I'm pretty apathetic to Fender in general, I gotta hand it to 'em. Whether you like them or not, they have found a way to repackage the same thing for 70 years and still sell a metric butt-ton of them ever year, all while understanding where to branch out the business and where to reel things in, where the money and interest lies at any given time and where it is drying up. They are marketing and economy of scale masters, have arguably the most recognizable brand name in musical instrument history, are accessible to nearly all retailers, and they do all this without stepping in it the way Gibson does every time they turn around. The guitars I don't care about, but I admire the hell of out them from a business perspective.

Henry, Runamok and blueruins like this.
  10. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Leo Fender absolute genius. Nearly every product he created up to 70 years ago is in common demand in its original state.

Even after decades of competitors “improvements” the original designs are still among the most popular.

Pure genius.

11. amp360

amp360 Synchromatic

Oct 21, 2012
    Maryland
    As far as being a guitar company I think Gibson gets it right more often than the internet says they get it wrong.

If nothing else they continue to prove that you can make a really, really great sounding no frills guitar in the USA that comes PLEK'd out of the box and has a nitro finish for about $1000.

It blows my mind how great some of their entry level models (like the Faded SGs are).

FMIC is def better at having friends in Washington or squeezing every last bit of value out of a once iconic name and cheapening it so it doesn't really mean anything.

I don't really admire much about the way FMIC does business. I would love to go into detail but I come to guitar forums to get away from politics and stuff.

12. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Country Gent

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    Wow I get tired of the negativity around here.
    If you don't like FMIC that's your problem and the rest of us couldn't care less. There are millions of people who like Fender and buy and play their instruments, the minority who don't are unimportant to them.
    You understand that Gretsch is part of FMIC?

Second, these are not just new paint for $200 more, there is a list of improvements over the regular Player model including rounded fretboard edges, flatter fretboard radius, locking tuners, generation 4 noiseless pickups and additional pickup switching for more tonal options. It's your decision as to whether the features are worth the money but they aren't only repainted old models at higher prices.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  13. KaHOnas

KaHOnas Electromatic

Well, not with that attitude...

Henry, loudnlousy and new6659 like this.
  14. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I think these are designed for bloom metal.

loudnlousy and Electrosynthesis like this.
  15. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    There’s not one thing here that I like.

16. sanhozay

sanhozay Electromatic

Mar 17, 2014
    usa
    i like ALL guitars but some i really LOVE {the ones i keep}

prs makes outstanding guitars and they get a lot of strange attention by people compelled to make their dislike publicly known

Electrosynthesis and Henry like this.
  17. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Are you trying to say those colors are Girly....:D.
    If my wife says "I can't believe you bought another freaking guitar" I just smile and go down stairs and plug it in. Maybe no dinner that night but for the past 45 years she has always gotten over it...:).

18. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Ha! They actually remind me of the OP shirts from the early eighties.
    I work in retail so…anyway if you have to explain a joke…

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.