Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
717c8d045fd6dca860954b8aa4323595.jpg

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
..... I'm afraid to ask :eek:
Lol, me and dad and brother work together in construction.. Every Thursday we have "meetings", we bbq and drink beer, talk shop and all that fun stuff with other tradesmen.. I can normally hold my own, and normally we don't drink too much...But last night I couldn't even walk straight, this morning i felt like i had the flu.. I'm starting to feel better now.

DennisC

Country Gent
May 11, 2017
Germany
I'm not afraid to ask ... salt into the wounds ... hehe ... what did you do, eh?

I hadn't had a hangover since 2005. When I finally got that I neither was addicted to nor enjoying alcohol ... and thought, why do I do this? ... and couldn't find a reason that would have satisfied me.

I only was severely drunk like five or six times or so ...

... in case it makes you feel kinda uncomfortable ... a friend swears he immediately feels better after eating a glass of mustard. Just mustard ... I know, kinda weird, but it may work ... or not ... how would I know, I prefer mustard with something else, fries or so... But he swears it works.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Lol, me and dad and brother work together in construction.. Every Thursday we have "meetings", we bbq and drink beer, talk shop and all that fun stuff with other tradesmen.. I can normally hold my own, and normally we don't drink too much...But last night I couldn't even walk straight, this morning i felt like i had the flu.. I'm starting to feel better now.
I was in the Electricians Union many years ago for about 15 years ....... I know all about those meetings ;)

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I'm not afraid to ask ... salt into the wounds ... hehe ... what did you do, eh?

I hadn't had a hangover since 2005. When I finally got that I neither was addicted to nor enjoying alcohol ... and thought, why do I do this? ... and couldn't find a reason that would have satisfied me.

I only was severely drunk like five or six times or so ...

... in case it makes you feel kinda uncomfortable ... a friend swears he immediately feels better after eating a glass of mustard. Just mustard ... I know, kinda weird, but it may work ... or not ... how would I know, I prefer mustard with something else, fries or so... But he swears it works.
In Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" (the bible of homebrewers) he states that the fact that homebrew is unfiltered allows the yeast to contribute a lot of vitamin B which allegedly helps against hangovers. I found it to be true and take a B-Complex and drink a lot of water if I've imbibed a bit much.

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
I stopped drinking in 2011, when my wife was pregnant with her 2nd. I also stopped playing pool for a beer team. Yeah, the math isn't hard is it.

Now I'll have a beer about 3 times a year. Usually when I meet up with my old pool mates. :)

tartanphantom

Friend of Fred
Jul 30, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
In Charlie Papazian's "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" (the bible of homebrewers) he states that the fact that homebrew is unfiltered allows the yeast to contribute a lot of vitamin B which allegedly helps against hangovers. I found it to be true and take a B-Complex and drink a lot of water if I've imbibed a bit much.

sssshhhh. Don't tell everyone. This actually works.
I've been doing it for many, many years. I take a B-complex vitamin and a tall glass of water before bed, and again in the morning when I get up.

By the way, I got it from the same source as you.;)

Last edited:

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I was once sent to South Korea to work as a civilian Army contractor. The guy I was replacing & I had many pitchers of some Asian Beer. The next morning my head completely filled the entire volume of my hotel room. I think it had formaldehyde or something...

It was this:
OB-Lager-DSCF0446.JPG

Last edited:

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
I stopped drinking in 2011, when my wife was pregnant with her 2nd. I also stopped playing pool for a beer team. Yeah, the math isn't hard is it.

Now I'll have a beer about 3 times a year. Usually when I meet up with my old pool mates. :)
Occasionally I stop drinking alcohol for a period of time. Last time was 18 months, not sure why I started again. When I mentioned this to my MD he asked why I did that, and he looked a little shocked when I told him because it resets my tolerance level and then I don't have to drink as much. It does for a while anyway...

ronbo

Gretschie
Feb 28, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
As a homebrewer of 30 years, I very rarely get hangovers and can attest to the benefits of live yeast and B12. When I do, it's usually only when I drink whisky, which is always risky...

gtttrrr

Country Gent
Silver Member
Dec 7, 2011
United States
Canada legalized weed last year and I've all but given up alcohol. No hangovers, and I've lost a ton of weight. Go green my friend!
If only Indiana would do this,,, would save a lot of issue that come with alcoholism, drunk driving, divorces, etc... I always do the B12, water, AND aspirin before bed after imbibing, def makes an enormous difference. Cheers!

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Canada legalized weed last year and I've all but given up alcohol. No hangovers, and I've lost a ton of weight. Go green my friend!

If only Indiana would do this,,, would save a lot of issue that come with alcoholism, drunk driving, divorces, etc...
I totally agree. It's a shame that certain quarters are so resistant. Wisconsin's held many referendums, all of which came out significantly in favor of legalizing. Yet it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the horizon.