Terence Hill and Bud Spencer

Jerzey Bob

Synchromatic
Apr 3, 2021
North Jersey
I went thru an old Western phase. Dunno what brought in on, went thru a "silent" phase, too, for about a week, really interesting stuff. Saw a Western from 1927 starring John Wayne when he was just a skinny kid, was pretty cool. Just nothing as cool as a good Western, old or new.

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have all the trinity movies. I don't remember their non-western movies, but I will get to them over the next couple of weeks! Actually watching this one tonight! I watched the Man With No Name a few weeks ago. As a kid, I would practice every day in our outbuilding holding a saddle and drawing my gun without dropping the saddle. The things kids do.

Cryin_Caleb_Aaron

Friend of Fred
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I have all the trinity movies. I don't remember their non-western movies, but I will get to them over the next couple of weeks! Actually watching this one tonight! I watched the Man With No Name a few weeks ago. As a kid, I would practice every day in our outbuilding holding a saddle and drawing my gun without dropping the saddle. The things kids do.
I watch lots of Spaghetti Westerns ranging from masterpieces to the comically bad.
I just picked up the new blu-ray of Sergio Corbucci’s Django. The ORIGINAL Django. I hadn’t seen it in a few years, and MAN what an incredible movie.
Puddles of blood in piles of mud.
3D19A826-3AA9-445C-9237-C37F0D71695E.jpeg
Corbucci’s other great western was The Great Silence. A winter western. One of the first of it’s kind.
7B7AEA1D-303A-4147-A401-FB9CA59EED7E.jpeg

Bertotti

Gretschified
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I love them. They are really big here in Germany.
You know I want that to surprise me but it really doesn't anymore. I always found it interesting how some things can take of regionally. I remember my first tour in Japan in the '80s, 50's music was all the rage and James Dean was brought up in conversations a lot.

KuKuKu

Gretschie
Aug 28, 2016
Germany
You know I want that to surprise me but it really doesn't anymore. I always found it interesting how some things can take of regionally. I remember my first tour in Japan in the '80s, 50's music was all the rage and James Dean was brought up in conversations a lot.

Part of it hast to do with the fact that in Germany all movies are dubbed. The movies of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer were translated quite far from the original and the dialogues got a much more comical twist. That played a big role in the success of these movies here in Germany. A german town even named a public swimming pool after Bud Spencer (he used to be an olympic swimmer). :D

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I don't think there's a single person my age in Italy that wasn't a fan... more, my father was also a cowboy movies fan, so I've been exposed to that all my life. :)
Said that, I lost track long time ago. I used to go to their movies ever since I was a toddle with my parents in mid '70s up to mid 80s (with friends), but I've never been a huge fan of spaghetti western. The Trinity movies were cool though.
@KuKuKu you're telling me that in Germany does exist a Carlo Pedersoli Swimming Pool? That's soooo cool, I want to visit that (even I can't swim :D)!

KuKuKu

Gretschie
Aug 28, 2016
Germany
... @KuKuKu you're telling me that in Germany does exist a Carlo Pedersoli Swimming Pool? That's soooo cool, I want to visit that (even I can't swim :D)!

Bud even came in person when they reopened the "Bud Spencer Bad" ("Bad" = "bath" = "swimming pool").

And I forgot to mention that Lori, the wife of Terence Hill, has a cousin in a village just a couple of miles from my hometown. He even goes to the local pub when they visit. I guess they are (were) just really nice guys. :)

JeffreyLeePierre

Country Gent
I think I only saw as a kid one movie in which they are policemen. I just remember one "immortal" line:
(They're arresting a guy with a suit)
- You don't know who I am... I'm the vice president of [don't remember what]...
- The president of vice!
(And he goes more brutal).

Just silly.