Terence Hill and Bud Spencer

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I got BIG love for Italian Westerns
    AD81741F-3F3D-427D-AA49-9DDFB1A22F65.jpeg
    I’m a die hard for the more serious stuff, but if one wants humor mixed in, the Trinity movies are the best.

Bertotti likes this.
  3. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    I went thru an old Western phase. Dunno what brought in on, went thru a "silent" phase, too, for about a week, really interesting stuff. Saw a Western from 1927 starring John Wayne when he was just a skinny kid, was pretty cool. Just nothing as cool as a good Western, old or new.

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have all the trinity movies. I don't remember their non-western movies, but I will get to them over the next couple of weeks! Actually watching this one tonight! I watched the Man With No Name a few weeks ago. As a kid, I would practice every day in our outbuilding holding a saddle and drawing my gun without dropping the saddle. The things kids do.

calebaaron666 and Jerzey Bob like this.
  5. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I watch lots of Spaghetti Westerns ranging from masterpieces to the comically bad.
    I just picked up the new blu-ray of Sergio Corbucci’s Django. The ORIGINAL Django. I hadn’t seen it in a few years, and MAN what an incredible movie.
    Puddles of blood in piles of mud.
    3D19A826-3AA9-445C-9237-C37F0D71695E.jpeg
    Corbucci’s other great western was The Great Silence. A winter western. One of the first of it’s kind.
    7B7AEA1D-303A-4147-A401-FB9CA59EED7E.jpeg

lordhelmet and Bertotti like this.
  6. S. Rock

S. Rock Friend of Fred

yep, been a fan of their's for many years. ever since the first Trinity movie I saw in the 70's.

Bertotti likes this.
  7. dougmon

dougmon Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    The only Terence Hill I ever saw was "My Name Is Nobody." Great movie, and also stars Henry Fonda.

MrWookiee, calebaaron666 and Bertotti like this.
  8. KuKuKu

KuKuKu Gretschie

Aug 28, 2016
    Germany
    I love them. They are really big here in Germany.

Bertotti likes this.
  9. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Loved them as a kid.

Bertotti likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    You know I want that to surprise me but it really doesn't anymore. I always found it interesting how some things can take of regionally. I remember my first tour in Japan in the '80s, 50's music was all the rage and James Dean was brought up in conversations a lot.

KuKuKu likes this.
  11. KuKuKu

KuKuKu Gretschie

Aug 28, 2016
    Germany
    Part of it hast to do with the fact that in Germany all movies are dubbed. The movies of Terence Hill and Bud Spencer were translated quite far from the original and the dialogues got a much more comical twist. That played a big role in the success of these movies here in Germany. A german town even named a public swimming pool after Bud Spencer (he used to be an olympic swimmer). :D

JeffreyLeePierre and Bertotti like this.
  12. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Firenze, Italy
    I don't think there's a single person my age in Italy that wasn't a fan... more, my father was also a cowboy movies fan, so I've been exposed to that all my life. :)
    Said that, I lost track long time ago. I used to go to their movies ever since I was a toddle with my parents in mid '70s up to mid 80s (with friends), but I've never been a huge fan of spaghetti western. The Trinity movies were cool though.
    @KuKuKu you're telling me that in Germany does exist a Carlo Pedersoli Swimming Pool? That's soooo cool, I want to visit that (even I can't swim :D)!

JeffreyLeePierre, KuKuKu and Bertotti like this.
  13. KuKuKu

KuKuKu Gretschie

Aug 28, 2016
    Germany
    Bud even came in person when they reopened the "Bud Spencer Bad" ("Bad" = "bath" = "swimming pool").

And I forgot to mention that Lori, the wife of Terence Hill, has a cousin in a village just a couple of miles from my hometown. He even goes to the local pub when they visit. I guess they are (were) just really nice guys. :)

JeffreyLeePierre, Bertotti and stiv like this.
  14. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

I think I only saw as a kid one movie in which they are policemen. I just remember one "immortal" line:
    (They're arresting a guy with a suit)
    - You don't know who I am... I'm the vice president of [don't remember what]...
    - The president of vice!
    (And he goes more brutal).

Just silly.

Bertotti likes this.
  15. jagROAR_63

jagROAR_63 Gretschie

Apr 20, 2016
    Germany
    Fan for sure !

Bertotti likes this.
  16. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Yes, a fan. At least I used to be. Must've been a 25 or so years since I've seen a movie. Probably on VHS.

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.