Tell me about 5129's with the big F holes...

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Dyna's, Bigsby. Full hollow right?
What's the neck profile, any chunk to it? or super thin?
Those F's are HUGE!

S,

Just me...but all the better to make the top of the body weaker, and a good place to lose stuff, like your Volkswagen.

The ''F'' holes I'm partial to are the painted on F holes on the Old CG, there, but not there.

As I said, just me...

Best,

BIB.

CG.jpg

swivel

Country Gent
May 13, 2018
PNW
S,

Just me...but all the better to make the top of the body weaker, and a good place to lose stuff, like your Volkswagen.

The ''F'' holes I'm partial to are the painted on F holes on the Old CG, there, but not there.

As I said, just me...

Best,

BIB.

View attachment 180996
Me too actually. I like hollows with no holes. I've decided to not go for that local 5129 I just cant get past those F holes!

Marv666

Synchromatic
Jul 26, 2020
Germany
My 5129 originally had the B70, but worked great with a B6. Especially with the custom Tru-arc bridge made with deeper grooves. The strings never jumped from their saddles, and it stayed in tune very well.
View attachment 180962

I modified the 5128 into a hotrod with just a switch and a master volume. I equipped it with a set of TV Jones Classic/Classic Plus in the dearmond mount. This was the best feeling Electromatic I had ever played.
Of all the Gretschs I’ve sold, I miss this one the most, but it went to a good home.
View attachment 180963
I love how that golden one looks!
It´s a shame these are so rare, i would have prefered the gold over my black one

Baba Joe

Gretschie
Feb 17, 2010
new jersey
S,

As I said, just me...

Best,

BIB.

View attachment 180996
If you happen to have a spare $9000 😀, Rocky at Street Sounds has a 6122-62 Gent with Seymour Duncan Dynas for sale. 11BEE566-E794-4551-8D7D-63145D33444C.jpeg

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
There's a well taken care of 5129 on CL north of Seattle for $450. The seller is selling a modded pro jet, too.
I'd grab that one in a heartbeat. You could play it for a while and get all your money back if you decided to part with it. As Phil McKnight says, you could play that one for free.

Edit: and it comes with a case too, great deal!
I checked the CL and that is a beautiful guitar. The floating bridge angle seems way off, but easy to fix.
And that CL has 3000 ads, wow! Here in Abq it's only around 600.

Last edited:

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I love how that golden one looks!
It´s a shame these are so rare, i would have prefered the gold over my black one
Yeah man, the gold sparkle top with the dark brown back and sides is really striking. The “Electromatic” on the headstock didn’t even bother me because you could really see the “pearl” colors if you looked closely enough.
Also, it’s a very light guitar.

Latest posts